Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
sorry its almost 6 mins...my bad....type Ashes Cricket game 2009 in you tube...

okay the weird pull shots off yorkers and cut shot sixes off yorkers i have a solution to.
They said that you can trick the batsmen by actually bowling the ball in differently then where the reticule is, like EA. So the reticule is a yorker but it actually isnt. The 6 cut shot right at the end is actually at waist height when it passes the batsman.

Secondly with the difficulty, it is actually an ODI but about half way through the video it asks if you want to take the batting powerplay and they select yes so that is why they are slogging. But it must be like a 10 over ODI coz 2/7 would be a bit sad at the 10th over.

So the difficulty is not too easy, it is realistic for the situation in the match. I love the graphics, when Pup walks to the crease it looks just like him. The bowling animation is actually faster than before and i dont mind wierd looking action, as you people were saying before the video its the gameplay that counts. I really love the game at the moment. The shots only look wierd coz they arent playing the right shot. When they do it looks good. and i like how in the 3rd umpire decision the batsman is sliding his bat in.

Here if people are still trying to download:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

this is same as 2:30 min video but more resolution and clarity:cheers

And, guyz i think game is really good. some of you argue there is no cricket game and when there is cricket game only to blame whats wrong in that.

Look for bright side i think the presentation of the game is fantastic:happy

Chill:D

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

actually to be honest it looks like it is a human player against the AI not AI vs AI demo mode when you dont press start eraly enough. My reason for this is.

A. You dont actually get to see what delivery the bowler is choosing.
B. The shot selection is really bad.
C. You can see the radar and you can see the aiming thing in the radar moving around which you dont see in the demo mode in BLIC games
D. The score is bad which also indicates a person who doesnt know what they are doing playing.
E. They press the start menu. view the scorecard and are offered a powerplay.

There are more which i forgot, but this DOES look like Noob Human verse AI.

formula1man added 17 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

plus the 3 weird pull shots are the Human trying to pull a full ball, one hits him, and two he tries to hit in front of square but are edge to 3rd man,
also just before the question about the rugby players it looks like they are about to run themselves out. so it looks very promising still for me. The fields also look good, during the powerplay it is good and doesnt have 5 ppl around the bat. and obviously because it is such a short match the poerplay must end over the cause of the interview and they have 5 people outside the circle which is amazing in a codies game.

I believe it is Noob vs AI.

But if you want a realistic cricket game just play BLIC07 you can bowl England out for 58 all you want. lol

is this another new video, not the ponting interview?

o wait it has new video to it, its the full version of the interview, on youtube but without sound

:crying:crying:crying yeah i was the one who requested him to post .unfortunately media fire is also banned here .please upload in

rapidshare /megashare/megaupload

Bloody hell, mate. Use a proxy. It's not that hard. Just search on google how to bypass that stuff and you'll do it fine. Anyway, you're not really missing out on much.

New preview at IGN

IGN: Ashes Cricket 2009 Preview

Read the preview he says that game looks similar to 2007 but its more deep.
"Ashes Cricket 2009 has been built from scratch, disposing of all the bits and pieces that went into making Ricky Ponting 2007. Yet first impressions from the build on show were of a game that feels surprisingly similar, aside from crisper graphics and noticeable improvements to the HUD and in-game options (such as being able to simulate overs - hurrah!). Once you start digging into the controls, there's evidence that some real effort has gone into providing more depth to all aspects of the game."
Also they talk about ashes cricket 09 in this show of gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ashescricket2009/video/6209661

Last edited:
From that Interview it would appear to have much improved gameplay and the like especially the bowling side of things, am still looking forward to this people are rather critical at times. Also was suprised to see it mention that Warne and Botham are both in game commentating aswell as the Legend mode.

Users who are viewing this thread