Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
First of all thank you for posting here.
From what I've heard developers quite often get itchy fingers reading the forums here. The build-up to release for BLIC2005 and 2007 was very positive; my concern is that once the game was released everyone from Codemasters went quiet. I trust Transmission will still be around to address the inevitable issues that arise and, if required, agree to do something about them.
It's very hard not to be caught up in the hype, you guys are clearly true cricket fans and have put a lot of work into this game. Nonetheless I won't be convinced until I've got the game in my hand myself and have given it a thorough run.
A very positive start though.

When are we getting more info about the game, does planetcricket have any exclusives for us?

A very good initiative by Rob and heath to post on PC forums.This type of interaction could go a long way into making AC09 a really good cricket game!

Great to have you guys here! Im pretty excited!!!!

Rob and Heath, first of all its really nice to hear from you guys! :)

I have just one question for now (Don't want to push your NDA too far ;):p). I'm sure that post release, you guys will have patches lined up according to whatever not so large or large bugs that are spotted in game, and this really is a step I consider for a successful game in the end and a longer shelf life.

But what I'm concerned with is, that whatever patches might come up would only sort out the gameplay, and not any content as licenses come into play. My question is, that post release, when people here at PC will look into making some patches / rosters and stuff, if they stumble upon at something which only you guys can help on, like say some new graphics storage format, would you guys be willing / allowed to help? Will that be permittable?

Sorry for a pretty long question but that's the best reason I could explain it. :p

Thanks!

Hey heilnims, don't stress!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) The game has changed a LOT since we got you guys in, hopefully in a good way! :) That said, the NDA still stands :)

If you're interested, the changes are pretty much all the changes I talked about in the Q&A you guys have up on the boards here somewhere.

Be patient guys, it's coming soon! Apologies for not being able to post any screenshots, videos etc etc. But you don't have long now to wait anyway! I'm sure Codies will release some videos or in-game screenshots soon.

Let me just say to those of you who are making gameplay judgements based on a postage-stamp sized screen video of someone trying to play the game with Ricky's head in the way... that's in no way an indication of gameplay. What I hope you do get out of that little clip is that our cameras are more dynamic than 07, and maybe you can tell that we can get closer in to the players than ever before because of the increased quality of the anims, textures, models etc. Please wait for gameplay clips etc as I'm sure it's coming down the Codies pipe soon!

Cheers guys, thanks for being so patient!

I am very very happy that camera angles are changed in this version. Counting the days for the release.

Thank you Mr.hsmith

I trust Transmission will still be around to address the inevitable issues that arise and, if required, agree to do something about them.
The guys at Transmission were great guys when I met them, so if they go quiet I think it'd more likely be a directive from Codies than not wanting to.

The game has changed a LOT since we got you guys in, hopefully in a good way!
Hope the players have the correct amount of limbs now ;). I expect you guys to drown in PMs now you've made your presence known.

I'm not sure if this has already been stated but will this game feature Hawkeye?

Thanks

Great thanks, I have only ever played EA cricket games before so I didn't know that

It says:

Houareau explains, “we didn’t want to reinvent the game completely, we just wanted to get what was wrong right – so the key thing for us was to improve the bowling, make it fun, make it intuitive and educational.”

Now thats confusing! Did they rewrite it or not? :noway

Gameplayer - Ashes Cricket 2009 Hands-on Preview found another interview.

P.S: It is funny if you read last few lines. Punter says " Aussie Don't sledge:eek:;)

Lol: Aussies don't sledge. And the Pope doesn't believe in God!! :D

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

It says:

Now thats confusing! Did they rewrite it or not? :noway

Yeps, that is confusing! If they want to lose what's wrong and keep what's right, then all they have to do is keep the batting system (minus lack of foot selection and low difficulty level) and junk the rest of the game.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Also, how does the field settings work now? What would be ideal is if you could just zoom right out so you can see the whole ground and then drag/drop fielders as appropriate. Don't hide it in a menu, in other words.

Dev guys just look at this vdo and concentrate on the generic batting anim when the ball is in the air (making a batsmen behave like he is getting the line of the ball) but this really makes batting feel realistic as oppose to blic last second batting shots (why the batsmen remain static when the ball is in the air?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JVhzQeSA30

Last edited:
That actually looks pretty good allrounder18. Is that coming out any time soon?

Off topic a little bit... but when get get an official trailer for ashes cricket 2009 would be good to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread