Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Hi all,

Yep, we do read your posts with interest! It's quite funny reading some of the rumours and speculation, as Heath just mentioned after many speculated, that was someone playing the game badly in the vid ;). And as much as we'd love to reply to your posts, we have our own NDA's ;).

Heath, myself and the rest of the team are working really hard right now. Have patience all, it's not too far away! :D

Kind Regards,

-Rob.

(Lead Programmer).

Looks cool guys, the batting anims are very nice!

Look forward to the new video with the latest improvements. :)

(Good to see you went with the vertical PIP as well. :)

hey...am kartik - co-producer and 2nd in charge of The Art Of Cricket.:)

wow....never imagined such a senior guy from codies praising the game.
the vidz which you saw are over a year old and lot of the anims and stuff
have changed since.

now, i must admit that i was disappointed after seeing the Ashes Cricket 09 vid but my respect for you guys has gone up A LOT. EA should learn a thing or two.

Apologies to the Codies guys on the slight delay on approving their posts. I'll see if we can get that feature removed for you guys ;)

Nah, make 'em sweat for it! :D

Nice to see you reading and posting in the forums guys. As you can see, and as you well know, the interaction between developer and us fans/customers is appreciated by all.:cheers

Great to see the developers posting in our forums. Iam sure you`ll win your self a few loyal fans just because of this gesture of yours! Keep going Codies and hopefully we have a great game to back your great PR work!

Wow, thats pretty incredible that a developer would do that! You obviously have alot of confidence in this game, otherwise you wouldn't be posting! Now i'm convinced it is gonna be a success:D:banana2

Have you read codies developer post here?
Let me just say to those of you who are making gameplay judgements based on a postage-stamp sized screen video of someone trying to play the game with Ricky's head in the way... that's in no way an indication of gameplay. What I hope you do get out of that little clip is that our cameras are more dynamic than 07, and maybe you can tell that we can get closer in to the players than ever before because of the increased quality of the anims, textures, models etc. Please wait for gameplay clips etc as I'm sure it's coming down the Codies pipe soon!
So it means you can't judge gameplay by seeing that video anyways nice to see AC09 developer here

Hi all,

Yep, we do read your posts with interest! It's quite funny reading some of the rumours and speculation, as Heath just mentioned after many speculated, that was someone playing the game badly in the vid ;). And as much as we'd love to reply to your posts, we have our own NDA's ;).

Heath, myself and the rest of the team are working really hard right now. Have patience all, it's not too far away! :D

Kind Regards,

-Rob.

(Lead Programmer).

Thank you guys for reading our views and for your kind response. This makes the interaction even more better :) Everyone is really excited about the new release of a cricket game after 2 years ;)

hey...am kartik - co-producer and 2nd in charge of The Art Of Cricket.:)

wow....never imagined such a senior guy from codies praising the game.
the vidz which you saw are over a year old and lot of the anims and stuff
have changed since.

now, i must admit that i was disappointed after seeing the Ashes Cricket 09 vid but my respect for you guys has gone up A LOT. EA should learn a thing or two.

Do we have Codies developers praising TAOC then? That can only be good for the future of all cricket games; the best bits of TAOC may appear in future Codies' games (EA can go jump if Codies can pull it off this year).

Users who are viewing this thread