Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Even from the small clip in the background you can identify the bowling is the same. Come on its identical. TAOC has had videos out for ages showing gameplay, it can be completely editable so will not get old. Furthermore it is not being made to make significant amounts of money, it is made for real fans so will have the details, not amazing graphics but poor gameplay because thats what the market want/see. You yourself im guessing has seen awesome graphics and gone wow i want to buy this, while the true fans see gameplay sucks!

Ok...so have you seen the gameplay yet??? How the hell do you know that the gameplay sucks, the game hasn't even been released and furthermore a demo hasn't been released.

I'm not defending the game and if the gameplay is ████ like all Cricket games have been except for Shane Warne Cricket 99 I probably won't buy it (the saving grace could be online)

You keep mentioning TAOC when we have seen about as much footage as AC09 and your already saying it's better.

I also hope that TAOC is a success and it can reap the fruit riches of this hard work!

Yea i find it more enjoyable on ps3... and dude so not going to play you if thats the way you are going to act before even knowing who i am... typical american

I'll give you a game if i'm satisfied with demo,reviews, clips etc (hopefully it is good though!)

Yea i find it more enjoyable on ps3... and dude so not going to play you if thats the way you are going to act before even knowing who i am... typical american

hey bro, i was just kidding around, no need for stereotyping.

The work that Transmission have done on this is outstanding. I doubt there will be dissapointment!

Last edited:
I was a tester on this game (remember late last year there was a call for testers in Melbourne?) and I can tell you the bowling and fielding are nothing like Ponting 07. I dont even know if I should be posting this considering the fact that A. I signed an NDA and B. It may sound like marketing but the Transmission Games team DO read this forum (Sorry Heath).

I can tell you though you'll love seeing this in action.

tell us everything you know please.

Also about gameplay videos i am confident we will see some between June 1-4 at E3

Hey heilnims, don't stress!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) The game has changed a LOT since we got you guys in, hopefully in a good way! :) That said, the NDA still stands :)

If you're interested, the changes are pretty much all the changes I talked about in the Q&A you guys have up on the boards here somewhere.

Be patient guys, it's coming soon! Apologies for not being able to post any screenshots, videos etc etc. But you don't have long now to wait anyway! I'm sure Codies will release some videos or in-game screenshots soon.

Let me just say to those of you who are making gameplay judgements based on a postage-stamp sized screen video of someone trying to play the game with Ricky's head in the way... that's in no way an indication of gameplay. What I hope you do get out of that little clip is that our cameras are more dynamic than 07, and maybe you can tell that we can get closer in to the players than ever before because of the increased quality of the anims, textures, models etc. Please wait for gameplay clips etc as I'm sure it's coming down the Codies pipe soon!

Cheers guys, thanks for being so patient!

Well that certainly now puts your efforts way beyond anything EA do. A developer who takes time to post on a forum is someone I admire!

wow I cannot believe the developer actually listens to us and reads our posts, this is why EA will never be successful, they lack the human element. Cheers Heath, thanks for all your hard work!

Well that certainly now puts your efforts way beyond anything EA do. A developer who takes time to post on a forum is someone I admire!

+1
it shows how they care about this game,
now i am really hoping for a good game:cheers

btw,codies please release some gameplay footage please :(

Last edited:
No worries guys. I should be sleeping... lol

Anyone know where I can see The Art Of Cricket game some of you guys are working on? Sounds like a lot of love has been put into it, would love to see some screenies or vids!

Cheers,

Heath

Users who are viewing this thread