Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Funny how quiet EA are at the moment; has their game even been announced yet? Or maybe they won't bother because they won't have the licences!

Yeah they were in 2005. In some of the older ones, it was in black and white to supposedly make it more realistic. One of them I remember was to hit six 6's in an over (ala Sobers).

Pretty sure historical challenges were in 2005 and 2007. Definitely one of them anyway.

In that review (which has been linked in previous page), it says : The challenge modes are historical scenarios that can be played out with modern day cricketers.

Does that mean, we are going to have historical mode without those old players ( BLIC 05 had exclusive old players )? Instead, we are going to face the same scenario with current team line up? :confused:

R08 does that. You play classsic matches with current lineups.
From what Jamie Firth was saying about licensing, especially of retired players, it certainly sounds like it.

Yeah they were in 2005. In some of the older ones, it was in black and white to supposedly make it more realistic.
Yet some of the classic matches were way after colour TV came in and were still in b&w.

Is not it about time that we get some videos or new screenies? Codies should not let the interest die out and to keep it alive they must keep on releasing new info, videos and snaps of the game.

Check out this forum, one of the developers of the game is a regular poster:

Ashes Cricket 2009 - Page 3 - BigFooty

good find mate!

You guys are reading way too much into a 30 second video. Wait for the official stuff to come through showing everything you want/need to know. Not sure when that'll be available though unfortunately.
Hopefully I didn't come across as a knob in the interview!

this was posted by the developer and another member there actually played the game or rather tested it!

I played it during the week and i spanked the rep all over the park
Its looking the goods, plays well, looks good and they have upgraded a few dodgy things from RP 07
I will be buying it. The player movements look a lot more real too.
Instead of the stupid timing meter when you catch, there is a circle and it changes colour and you need to press it when its orange. It works heaps better.When throwing, the animations look a lot more life like and you just need to press a button to determine which end to throw to. Only had about 30 seconds of fielding, as i did more batting, but it does seem an improvement on RPC 07

and regarding the trailer/vid this is what the dev said

Dunno, all of that is out of our hands. Codemasters dictate all that stuff.

Last edited:
I want to sleep until the release date so it will go by faster, I cant take this anymore, they cannot just tease us with 7 screens and none of the England blokes, COME ON CODIES give us something!

The same developer in that big footy has mentioned,

Ashes Cricket 2009 - BigFooty

Testing is the responsibility of Codemasters. In fact any official comment on the game is their responsibility. I just wanted all you guys from the AFL days to see that we are in fact capable of great visuals in a game! There's a thread on planetcricket.org where everyone's dissecting the screenshots and comments made by Jamie Firth of Codemasters. Well worth a squiz.
Also, forgot to mention...these are straight from the game screenshots. No post-editing or colour balancing what-so-ever! It was taken from the 360 version.

:p What I am curious to find is, the user ids of those codie developers here ;) Or they just come and go as guests. :p

do you think there will be a lot of people playing online on ps3? i live in America so I am worried that no one will be playing online and it will probably lag if i try to play someone in AUS or ENG

do you think there will be a lot of people playing online on ps3? i live in America so I am worried that no one will be playing online and it will probably lag if i try to play someone in AUS or ENG

don't worry about the time lag.. definitely we will be running one thread probably after release for the online feature and there, users can request for a match with others.. people online in PC at that time will definitely be interested to take on each other. :)

If I remember right, we had the same system for the previous online version too. We used shout boxes for the same ;)

don't worry about the time lag.. definitely we will be running one thread probably after release for the online feature and there, users can request for a match with others.. people online in PC at that time will definitely be interested to take on each other. :)

If I remember right, we had the same system for the previous online version too. We used shout boxes for the same ;)

Just what I wanted to hear! Hopefully lots of people will buy it on PS3!

i rang up the shop called game wich sells games and its an england shop based in australia i asked them if they have a release date for it and they said 23-7-09 and then when i rang eb games wich is an australian game store they said the game wasnt on their computers but the guy said it is releasing because he got to play it a week ago and said it has alot of really good new feature and liked it even though he isnt a big fan of cricket

Users who are viewing this thread