Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
so when is the australian release date because on the preview at the end it said 18 of july but on other sites it says 1st of july

so when is the australian release date because on the preview at the end it said 18 of july but on other sites it says 1st of july

We don't have any information on the release date at present. But as it's said before, release during early july should make sense. :)

I wouldn't read that as 'Ponting will do his funny look down then look up thing before he faces'. When he mentions walking out to bat, marking his guard, and stretching, he could just be talking about the old stock animations.

I'd rather have heard that they've matched Ponting's real life style of play to the game, such as being a good puller or a good straight-driver, rather than things he does in cut-scenes.

It would be great if they do include such attention to detail, but all that stuff is merely the icing on the cake. I'd much prefer that they put the attention to detail in the gameplay, and then maybe go into more cosmetic stuff in a future game; one step at a time, in other words? :)

Yes, a great segment on the IPL!

Could that site be any more similar to PC if it tried?

Yes, a great segment on the IPL!

Could that site be any more similar to PC if it tried?
I wonder how long it takes to type out an interview yourself really. :rolleyes: Isn't it amazing? Good attempt Hitterman, but that last question just gave it away. Game producers also have much better grammar. Better luck next time with the faking.

^ Let's not go down that road. I've read it and am perfectly satisfied it's genuine.

An interesting read, thank you for linking it.

I just think you guys should just stop blabbering about him.If you have some guts,you just Go and Ask jamie Firth and if he says yes then you guys should just stop blabbering about him.how about it?

@kshitiz:I think Hitty doesn't know faking at all because he didn't get in friendship with you.:P

If my post contains any offence just ignore it.I can't stand still when my friend is being abused.

Yeah Hitty is doing great job for his site and we should appreciate him.

Firstly, like colin has pointed out, " Thank you for linking it! ". It was a good read.. basically the developers stand by the point - They have revamped the code and had given a new shape to it. Lets wait and see :)

Secondly, lets keep away from discussing about the other site here in this AC09 forums please. No matter how correct or wrong the content of that site is, it is just not the right place to discuss either about other forums or the efforts of forum creator here.

If you are so desperate in promoting the site, PC is always kind enough to do that here,

Forum for the Web - PlanetCricket Forums

Start a thread there and you write even an essay of appreciation about the efforts or content of that forum... no one is going to stop you. If people are interested, they will indeed visit that forum as well.

Lets keep the discussions about the game going please. :) Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good overall, although I'm not sure about this:

Jamie Firth:Ashes Cricket 2009 allows you to play an authentic Ashes series at the official stadia, a test match, ODIs and twenty over games with 12 international sides. The IPL is not featured but it is something that we may look at for future titles.

Does that mean we will only be able to play Test series with England v Australia and only single tests for everyone else? I hope not.

Users who are viewing this thread