Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
is it just me that thinks although yes the graphics are good etc, the gameplay seen from the Ricky Ponting interview video looks very similar to BLIC07. It seems to me they have just improved things for ps3 xbox 360 with the graphics, nothing much else. the bowling looks as awful as the last version, and the batting doesnt seem to flow for me.
Also although they said the game is editable, they said that is for the players names bats etc. You could do that in the previous version also. It states no were (correct me if im wrong) that new kits can be edited for patchers. To me this is going to be a big disappointment as it will just be the same with good graphics.
Im still going to follow the progress and download the demo etc, but before you go and waste your money on the stupid price been quoted. Consider TAOC - The Art of Cricket. Being made for cricket fans by cricket fans. That will demolish this!

Please take this as constructive critisim - i have nothing against codemasters but to me it just seems like the same engine, with some graphics improved. Hope im wrong! LOL

Last edited:
is it just me that thinks although yes the graphics are good etc, the gameplay seen from the Ricky Ponting interview video looks very similar to BLIC07. It seems to me they have just improved things for ps3 xbox 360 with the graphics, nothing much else. the bowling looks as awful as the last version, and the batting doesnt seem to flow for me.
Also although they said the game is editable, they said that is for the players names bats etc. You could do that in the previous version also. It states no were (correct me if im wrong) that new kits can be edited for patchers. To me this is going to be a big disappointment as it will just be the same with good graphics.
Im still going to follow the progress and download the demo etc, but before you go and waste your money on the stupid price been quoted. Consider TAOC - The Art of Cricket. Being made for cricket fans by cricket fans. That will demolish this!

Please take this as constructive critisim - i have nothing against codemasters but to me it just seems like the same engine, with some graphics improved. Hope im wrong! LOL

i highly doubt that game will be released anytime soon, plus the graphics look like crap

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmarkas the game has to be released during the Ashes. They have purchased an Ashes License. It will be imprudent of them to release it after the Ashes and most people here are not that bothered about graphics. We are hoping for decent gameplay and AI. All of us know its not going to a be huge leap and it wont be the ideal cricket game we seek. But with the dearth of titles in last two years, we do not mind effort codies and tranmission games are putting in. Lets wait for some game play video and perhaps a demo to make up our mind.

yes sami u r right we dont have to look on graphics. they dont need to take look on graphics. graphics are already perfect. They need to do Strong Server which didnt hack. or spam something happens with them. They need to now take maintain on their online server. Thats Solve.

Have you seen the one with ricky ponting having an interview with the game playing in the background, it is exactly the same. I know there arent many cricket games, but i say prices charging around ?50 for this game is daylight robbery.

The art of cricket has had better graphics implimented into it, so it should look better. yes it wont look as good as this, but i can gurantee i will play TAOC for longer than AC9.

Hmarkas the game has to be released during the Ashes. They have purchased an Ashes License. It will be imprudent of them to release it after the Ashes and most people here are not that bothered about graphics. We are hoping for decent gameplay and AI. All of us know its not going to a be huge leap and it wont be the ideal cricket game we seek. But with the dearth of titles in last two years, we do not mind effort codies and tranmission games are putting in. Lets wait for some game play video and perhaps a demo to make up our mind.

I was commenting on the "art of cricket" game not the Ashes 2009 game

Have you seen the one with ricky ponting having an interview with the game playing in the background, it is exactly the same. I know there arent many cricket games, but i say prices charging around ?50 for this game is daylight robbery.

The art of cricket has had better graphics implimented into it, so it should look better. yes it wont look as good as this, but i can gurantee i will play TAOC for longer than AC9.

OK...you base AC09 on like a minutes worth of gameplay when you can barely see the bowling and batting, then you say TAOC will be better when we haven't seen a lot from it aswell ???

OK...you base AC09 on like a minutes worth of gameplay when you can barely see the bowling and batting, then you say TAOC will be better when we haven't seen a lot from it aswell ???

Even from the small clip in the background you can identify the bowling is the same. Come on its identical. TAOC has had videos out for ages showing gameplay, it can be completely editable so will not get old. Furthermore it is not being made to make significant amounts of money, it is made for real fans so will have the details, not amazing graphics but poor gameplay because thats what the market want/see. You yourself im guessing has seen awesome graphics and gone wow i want to buy this, while the true fans see gameplay sucks!

Then don't get it. It's not robbery when you can look up reviews, ignore all gameplay videos showing its lacking, ingoring the bad hype and buy it anyway. Is that still robbery?

Even from the small clip in the background you can identify the bowling is the same. Come on its identical. TAOC has had videos out for ages showing gameplay, it can be completely editable so will not get old. Furthermore it is not being made to make significant amounts of money, it is made for real fans so will have the details, not amazing graphics but poor gameplay because thats what the market want/see. You yourself im guessing has seen awesome graphics and gone wow i want to buy this, while the true fans see gameplay sucks!

nobody has played either game, so i do not understand how you have such strong opinions, you saw a little clip on a tv behind ricky ponting, and that might not even be close to what the finished product looks like, and TAOC is just a pie in the sky dream right now, atleast AC 09 is actually coming out, plus I like to play on consoles, and AC09 is going the be the only option for PS3

Yea i find it more enjoyable on ps3... and dude so not going to play you if thats the way you are going to act before even knowing who i am... typical american

Users who are viewing this thread