Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Oh I dont read full line:D. If they include these features then surely everyone buy this game but there will be free hit and powerplays which is good news.

Nice trying by people to get things out of that clip and review. Like saying the Everest is not so high, all that from a distance.

Last edited:
after reading the BLIC07 review and bugs I am faily confident they cant do worse then BLIC07.
By what I've seen and read, they have put alot more effort into this one and actually care about it. Most bugs appear fixed and even though it is published by codemasters it is made by completely different people. Plus the added patchability that they should implement to fix any bugs over PSN etc,

I am very confident that this game will be great. I just wish I had it now

yo thanks again, thats a new video, does anyone have the complete interview, cuz like in this video the batsman played the reverse sweep, sooo:D:D:D

Awesome review its going to be one of the better cricket games...

I don't want to pour cold water on everyone's hopes, but it's a preview, not a review. I have seen games before that got superb previews, but awful reviews. It looks good for now though; let's just hope that this one turns to be one that picks up good reviews as well.

This game sounds very promisiming. Could this be the game? :upray

Just noticed this:

Ponting elaborates, "There's one bit in there where you see me walking out to bat, and it's got me showing what I do when I walk out on the ground every time. And there are little things you might do when you mark your centre (stump) or exercises or stretches you might do before you face your first ball. It's amazing what people pick up on - like I have people say to me, 'how come when you're facing, you look down the wicket first and then up at the bowler', and I don't even know I do it. That's where it's going to go; what people want to see."

I don't know if I read this right but are they including this in 09 or is this intended for future versions? If it is included in 09 then that is something to get excited about, it would almost seem life-like.

I wouldn't read that as 'Ponting will do his funny look down then look up thing before he faces'. When he mentions walking out to bat, marking his guard, and stretching, he could just be talking about the old stock animations.

I'd rather have heard that they've matched Ponting's real life style of play to the game, such as being a good puller or a good straight-driver, rather than things he does in cut-scenes.

will patches be available for ps3? and if then were and how are they installed

no he meant is will be more likely that Codies will patch Ashes 09 if there are bugs and other issues as it is very easy to do over the PSN. Also there is also likely to be down loadable content offered for the console versions.

thanks bud, i could not even understand what the last person said, flawed grammar can ruin the intention of a sentence

patches for PS3 may be not:(

no he meant is will be more likely that Codies will patch Ashes 09 if there are bugs and other issues as it is very easy to do over the PSN. Also there is also likely to be down loadable content offered for the console versions.

formula1man added 51 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

What I have picked out of the video so far for anyone who is interested.

Its Human Vs AI- because the aiming needle moves around like someone is playing and they purposely ran out Watson to get Ponting in as they are talking to him. I see this on the scorecard.

It is a 6 overs aside ODI- becasue the powerplay was offered after the 1st over and lasted 1 over.

At the MCG

They were 2/30 after 3 overs- Wickets were Watson and Ponting run out.

The fielding animations look great.

Pull shots look awkward because the line isnt right to pull.

Graphics look great.

Bowling lengths look a little off- a ball 1.5m in front of batsman comes past him at hip height.

Looks like a more realistic cricket game graphically instead of a plasticine recreation.

Field placements look good-after powerplay only 4 men are inside circle and none are catching men.

Looks like their promises are true except we have to wait and see if the difficulty is up there, and if not hopefully we can edit our players stats to make it harder. But with better field placements batting should at least be harder.

yeah for a change im quite optimistic about a cricket game....graphics looks awesome (dont care too much about the cartooniness) and from the vid interview and Q&A it seems the guys know what theyre doing. Especially since they say the AI will respond to human tactics and actually approach the runrates etc. quite realistically. As long as you cant bowl them out for like 10 again im happy

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread