Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Well, if by rivalry you mean the intensity then the recent India-Aus series have been way more intense than Ashes... leaving 2005 ashes aside,it has been a fairly one sided contest for last two decades... You call Aus whitewashing Eng a intense series??? :eek::D:D Now aussie are a weaker side due to loss of some of the greatest players, so it would be a even contest which would be won by the less weaker team out of the two weakest team at the moment...:p:p:p yeah i said that... Aussies are one of the weakest team at the moment... and pommies are the only team which can challege them for the weakest team Tag:rolleyes:

Well, if by rivalry you mean the intensity then the recent India-Aus series have been way more intense than Ashes... leaving 2005 ashes aside,it has been a fairly one sided contest for last two decades... You call Aus whitewashing Eng a intense series??? :eek::D:D Now aussie are a weaker side due to loss of some of the greatest players, so it would be a even contest which would be won by the less weaker team out of the two weakest team at the moment...:p:p:p yeah i said that... Aussies are one of the weakest team at the moment... and pommies are the only team which can challege them for the weakest team Tag:rolleyes:

spot on! The same thing was on my mind!

it would have been better if they licenced the 20/20 wrld cup rather then the ashes

who agrees with me

dude! once refer history!
BLIC 07 had ICC World Cup and Champions trophy licenses and EA Cricket 07 had the Ashes License!
Ultimately which game came on top?:rolleyes:

Its not the licenses that promote sales but its the gameplay!
BLIC 07 had the ICC WC and Champions trophy licenses but we all know what happened to that game!;)

The Ashes is all about history, its the most storied rivalry between nations. You cannot compare it to NCAA basketball or club football. Its between two countries, and is over 100 years old.

the only thing australia is missing is a good spinner, if krezja could get more accurate he would be a really good bowler, even better if he could bowl a doosra, but would have to chuck to do that i reckon. but he gets drift and spin he could be a great bowler... could be

anyway. anychance of at the pc preview could some one check out the player creation/editing for me... just wondering how good it is.

the only thing australia is missing is a good spinner, if krezja could get more accurate he would be a really good bowler, even better if he could bowl a doosra, but would have to chuck to do that i reckon. but he gets drift and spin he could be a great bowler... could be

anyway. anychance of at the pc preview could some one check out the player creation/editing for me... just wondering how good it is.

Hey, so you mean to say that all who bowl the DOOSRA are actually CHUCKING...??? Or is it just Krezja who possesses a special ability to CHUCK and bowl the DOOSRA...???

:eek: .. :noway ... :mad:

Hey, so you mean to say that all who bowl the DOOSRA are actually CHUCKING...??? Or is it just Krezja who possesses a special ability to CHUCK and bowl the DOOSRA...???

:eek: .. :noway ... :mad:

Name me one bowler who hasn't been reported for chucking when bowling the doosra.

^lols I bet Gilly Fan is biting his tongue at the moment. A bit off topic but Since Eon has brought it up, I have to shed some light on this. When only pakistani bowlers used to reverse swing the ball, Australia and England used to call it ball tampering but when they learnt the art of reverse swing from our greats and developed their own skill, they started giving this art fancy names. As Long Australia and England don't have a bowler who can bowl a doosra, all the other doosra bowlers will be called chuckers.

Last edited:
Name me one bowler who hasn't been reported for chucking when bowling the doosra.

there is a big difference between being reported and being found in violation. The only person whose doosra was actually in violation I can recall is Botha.

There are plenty of threads in Cricket Chat to talk about chucking, last time I checked AC09 won't include the option to chuck the ball, so move on.

There are plenty of threads in Cricket Chat to talk about chucking, last time I checked AC09 won't include the option to chuck the ball, so move on.

haha i wish the game was that complex. It probably wont even have an appeal button!

It probably wont even have an appeal button!
Indeed. But there really isn't a need for it, Super International Cricket had an appeal button, the only real purpose was to mash it to have 'howzat!' shouted repeatedly (which annoyed a few people), you still got most wickets without appealing.

Users who are viewing this thread