NFL 2008 Season

Brady huge game again this week. Unstoppable, especially with that machine Randy Moss at his side!!

Brady - 32/46, 399 yards, 4 TD's
Moss - 7 receptions, 135 yards, 2 TD's

Brady huge game again this week. Unstoppable, especially with that machine Randy Moss at his side!!

Brady - 32/46, 399 yards, 4 TD's
Moss - 7 receptions, 135 yards, 2 TD's

and this was against the number 1 defence in the NFL, they seem to have gotten over there recent stumble of only just beating inferior teams, colts totally DESTROYED the ravens 44-20. Troy Smith got a rushing touchdown in his first ever NFL game and looked a much better QB than Kyle Boller, the ravens now have nothing to play for and should really start Troy smith for the last few games as he could become the class QB that they desperatly need

Yes I saw Smith's drive on highlights, he looked a great man for the future. Looks very strong. Maybe a bit like Ben Roethlisberger, able to run from tough positions and hard to bring down. Ravens need a man for the future and he is definitely it!

i really like the ravens, i think that have a chance to be a good side, i like there defence a lot, its very fast and plays the running game as well as anyone, and they have a great running back in Willis McGahee so if they got a good QB for next year i think they would have a shot at making the play offs

Yes I saw Smith's drive on highlights, he looked a great man for the future. Looks very strong. Maybe a bit like Ben Roethlisberger, able to run from tough positions and hard to bring down. Ravens need a man for the future and he is definitely it!

That's what he was known for when he won the Heisman at Ohio State. He has the ability to escape tight situations and make solid throws, but he doesn't have Roethlisberger's size. That was one of the concerns about him coming out of college, but looking at the success Drew Brees has had at 6 feet, I think he has the potential to be a long-term QB in the league.

the pro bowl teams are out

NFC
Offense
Quarterback - Brett Favre (S), Green Bay, Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle, Tony Romo, Dallas
Running back - Adrian Peterson (S), Minnesota, Marion Barber, Dallas, Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia
Fullback - Tony Richardson (S), Minnesota
Wide receiver - Larry Fitzgerald (S), Arizona, Terrell Owens (S), Dallas, Donald Driver, Green Bay, Torry Holt, St. Louis
Tight end - Jason Witten (S), Dallas, Chris Cooley, Washington
Tackle - Flozell Adams (S), Dallas, Walter Jones (S), Seattle, Chris Samuels, Washington
Guard - Leonard Davis (S), Dallas, Steve Hutchinson (S), Minnesota, Shawn Andrews, Philadelphia
Center - Andre Gurode (S), Dallas, Matt Birk, Minnesota

Defense
Defensive end - Aaron Kampman (S), Green Bay, Patrick Kerney (S), Seattle, Osi Umenyiora, N.Y. Giants
Defensive tackle - Kevin Williams (S), Minnesota, Pat Williams (S), Minnesota, Tommie Harris, Chicago
Outside linebacker - Julian Peterson (S), Seattle, DeMarcus Ware (S), Dallas, Lance Briggs, Chicago
Inside linebacker - Lofa Tatupu (S), Seattle, Patrick Willis, San Francisco
Cornerback - Al Harris (S), Green Bay, Marcus Trufant (S), Seattle, Terence Newman, Dallas
Free safety - Sean Taylor (S), Washington, Ken Hamlin, Dallas
Strong safety - Darren Sharper (S), Minnesota

Special teams
Punter - Andy Lee (S), San Francisco
Placekicker - Nick Folk (S), Dallas (Highlights)
Kick returner - Devin Hester (S), Chicago (Highlights)
Special teamer - Brendon Ayanbadejo (S), Chicago

AFC
Offense
Quarterback - Tom Brady (S), New England, Peyton Manning, Indianapolis, Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh
Running back - LaDainian Tomlinson (S), San Diego, Joseph Addai, Indianapolis, Willie Parker, Pittsburgh
Fullback - Lorenzo Neal (S), San Diego
Wide receiver - Randy Moss (S), New England, Reggie Wayne (S), Indianapolis, Braylon Edwards, Cleveland, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cincinnati
Tight end - Antonio Gates(S), San Diego, Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City
Tackle - Matt Light (S), New England, Jason Peters (S), Buffalo, Jonathan Ogden, Baltimore
Guard - Alan Faneca (S), Pittsburgh, Logan Mankins (S), New England, Kris Dielman, San Diego
Center - Jeff Saturday (S), Indianapols, Dan Koppen, New England

Defense
Defensive end - Jared Allen (S), Kansas City, Kyle Vanden Bosch (S), Tennessee, Jason Taylor, Miami
Defensive tackle - Albert Haynesworth (S), Tennessee, Vince Wilfork (S), New England, Jamal Williams, San Diego
Outside linebacker - James Harrison (S), Pittsburgh, Mike Vrabel (S), New England, Shawne Merriman, San Diego
Inside linebacker - DeMeco Ryans (S), Houston, Ray Lewis, Baltimore
Cornerback - Champ Bailey (S), Denver, Asante Samuel (S), New England, Antonio Cromartie, San Diego
Free safety - Ed Reed (S), Baltimore
Strong safety - Bob Sanders (S), Indianapolis, Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

Special teams
Punter - Shane Lechler (S), Oakland
Placekicker - Rob Bironas (S), Tennessee
Kick returner - Josh Cribbs (S), Cleveland
Special teamer - Kassim Osgood (S), San Diego

(S) = Starter

a couple of thinks to note, firstly and most importantly Sean Taylor has been put in as a starter, which is a massive show of respect for him and his family most be so proud, a great move by the NFL commisioner to do this.
also i was a little schocked to see T.J. Houshmandzadeh get in ahead of Chad Johnson! i thought they would both make it with johnson a starter, i know Houshmandzadeh has got 11 touchdowns this year but Johnson is a wonderful player and really should be at least in the team as a back-up

any other thoughts people?

i dont think Plaxico Burress can go to the pro bowl when he apparently hasnt trained once this season lol any way, its not excatly a bad collection of wide receivers on that list is it

Burress won't go to the pro bowl. The guy can barely walk outside of matchdays.

Anyway, shame that the Bears aren't gonna be in the playoffs. They need a new defensive coordinator and a couple of new receivers in the off-season, they proved they are a good side beating Green Gay twice.

AFC have such a strong team, can't see past them...

I won the fantasy league!!!

then beat "Touchdowners" in the semis
got McPinch Giants in the final!!

Edit: just looked at my team, I have 3 Pro Bowl QB's (Manning, Romo, Big Ben), 2 Pro Bowl WR's (Driver & Moss), Pro Bowl TE (Witten), Pro Bowl K (Folk) and Minnesota is my D

Last edited:
Burress won't go to the pro bowl. The guy can barely walk outside of matchdays.

Anyway, shame that the Bears aren't gonna be in the playoffs. They need a new defensive coordinator and a couple of new receivers in the off-season, they proved they are a good side beating Green Gay twice.

considering they got to the super bowl last year everyone should know that they have a good side, they just arnt consistent and you are probable right about the def coordinator, they dont have superstars (apart from a certain devin hester) but they have very good players in every position and should have done much better this year, they also need to get a running game going, Peterson has had a decent year but if he doesnt play well then they totally lose all balence in their offence

considering they got to the super bowl last year everyone should know that they have a good side, they just arnt consistent and you are probable right about the def coordinator, they dont have superstars (apart from a certain devin hester) but they have very good players in every position and should have done much better this year, they also need to get a running game going, Peterson has had a decent year but if he doesnt play well then they totally lose all balence in their offence

the defense held green bay to just 7 points the other day, the 1st team to keep them below double figures this year

gb's special teams had a 'mare tho

Petersen (the Bears one) is terrible. I heard a stat the other day that the Vikings Petersen has more running yards this season than the Bears Petersen has had in his 5 years as a running back. One Yard Benson ain't exactly great either.

Users who are viewing this thread