Nrl 2009

Yeah it was a decent performance but you would expect better by Melbourne at home. Melbourne had a really bad first half but fought back strong. We blew it in extra time by attempting a 55 metre field goal :what

Raiders lost their way with about 20 minutes to go. Lost go forward and direction, Campo basically was playing both 5/8 and halfback at the same time. Other than that a pretty dam good match in terms of attack, defence left alot to be desired from both sides but the Tigers improved theirs in the 2nd half.

Raiders lost their way with about 20 minutes to go. Lost go forward and direction, Campo basically was playing both 5/8 and halfback at the same time. Other than that a pretty dam good match in terms of attack, defence left alot to be desired from both sides but the Tigers improved theirs in the 2nd half.

Yeah Canberra shouldn't be happy with there back end performance. It was poor and they just needed to be smart and kill the match. That Tuiaki (Have no idea how to spell his name!) try was unlucky for you guys as he was tackled the first time around I reckon!

Yea definitely looked tackled to me. I'm hoping the side we named is just a case of us getting a team for Big league magazine as I would have TLL in the side.

I noticed the Dragons dropped Stanley, a few years ago and you guys saw his future in the backrow but he still has been left at centre although now Scott is there.

Yea definitely looked tackled to me. I'm hoping the side we named is just a case of us getting a team for Big league magazine as I would have TLL in the side.

I noticed the Dragons dropped Stanley, a few years ago and you guys saw his future in the backrow but he still has been left at centre although now Scott is there.

At first I think we had him as a centre, then a utility player who can play second row and centre. But I have no idea why Scott is at centre and Brett Morris has been left out of the side once again! Unless he is injured it makes no sense to leave a player of his quality out of our side.

Also, Justin Poore is out of the side for Saffy. I'm going to check our website now to see if he and Morris are injured or something.

Do you guys have fantasy rugby league teams going? I got one on the Daily Telegraph. My team nae is Sowards Saints. Missed out on the first week because my net was so slow the site wouldn't load. :mad: My team isn't full of big name stars but it's alright.

1. Slater
2. J Morris
3. Tuiaki
4. Merritt
5. Folau
6. Mullen
7. Soward (c)
8. Harrison (vc)
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Myles
13. Smith

14. Thaiday
15. Shillington
16. Sandow
17. El Mazri.

Other players on the bench but not in my team for this week:

Friend
T'eo
O'dwyer
Saffy
Molzten
Best
Isa
Yeh Yow

I haven't gone all out in the stars, but I think it's a good team. Slater at fullback speaks for itself. Josh Morris is probably one of the Bulldogs main backs this year, and scored 81 last week. He's quick and scores tries. Merritt usually scores a try a match, sometimes more. Folau also speaks for itself.

I like Mullen, he gets the job done and leads from the front. He's got a big game this weekend against Cronulla in Cronulla but I reckon he can pull it off. Soward had a shocker last week but he usually is a pretty good defender, he makes around 10 tackles a game most of the time and holds up the player so another tackler can come in and take him down. He has a good kicking game, a good runner and kicks goals.

Harrison had a great game last week, scoring more points then anyone else I think with his 101. Because of his good form he is my vice captain. Ennis had a good game last week too, and I like him so he is in. Weyman and Smith were really strong against Melbourne last week, tackling good and taking the ball up well. Creagh is a good line breaker and Myles usually gets the job done with no hassles.

So theres my team :)

My tips whilst I am at it;
Rabbitohs vs Eels - 26-10
Brisbane vs Melbourne - 12-19
St George vs Titans - 32-20
Penrith vs Bulldogs - 14-10
Cowboys vs Tigers - 14-26
Raiders vs Roosters - 44-6 (I sniff another smashing coming up for the Chooks!)
Manly vs Warriors - 30-12
Cronulla vs Newcastle - 20-18

Morris is fine from what I gather. The reason he wasn't picked at centre is more cause Bennett is after a centre that is better in defence. He is known to do this with Stagg the perfect example.

As for the fantasy comp, I'm in a few and DT is one of them. Had an okay start but my captain Laffranchi didn't go as well as I thought. Team name is Green men.
Harrison went well cause of his offloads which the DT gives a lot of points for. Might have to trade him into my side. At present it is:

1. Kemp (FLB) 34
2. Idris (CTW) (Resv) 81
3. Inglis (CTW) 75
4. Folau (CTW) 73
5. Gordon (CTW) 38
6. Isa (CTW) 35
7. Campese (5/8) 104
8. Soward (HFB) 18
9. Parker (FRF) (VC) 74
10. Shillington (FRF) (Resv) 73
11. Price (FRF) 68
12. Luke (FRF) 39
13. Harrison (2RF) (Resv) 101
14. Gallen (2RF) 89
15. Laffranchi (2RF) (Capt) 96
16. Thurling (2RF) 31
17. Hauraki (2RF) (Resv) 23

Morris is a good defender. So many times at fullback he has made cover tackles and its very rare to get past him as far as I'm concerned. He's a better fullback then Boyd, so I believe he should be playing there. He is quicker to chase down attackers on the loose and to get to grubbers that go into the in goal.

Morris should be at the back with Nightingale and Boyd on the wings, Cooper and Stanley in the centers and Sailor starting on the bench as a utility player.

There are just so many close games, its been an absolute joy to watch. Glad to see Roosters get off the mark. Warriors look very dangerous as well.

Don't think anyone expect Manly to be at the bottom after TWO rounds.

Man, this year is so unpredicable. I've got 1/7 this week! Panthers got so close to beating the Dogs, Warriors pulled off something special and Brisbane just managed to hold out Melbourne. I could be 4/7, thats how close it is.

Soward has a good game, proving his critics wrong as his defence was pretty solid, missing just one tackle and making 10 as well as 550 kick meters and 2 try assist. Weyman was also excellent for the second week in a row and along with Smith he has been a good buy.

The raiders were quite poor, they attack lacked creativity in attack and couldn't break the Roosters defence. It just strengthens the point of how close this years comp is. The Roosters were woeful in defence against the Rabbits, and the Raiders attack was fairly good against the Tigers and that did a huge U-turn this game.

The Warriors game was poor early. Too many early penalties and a loot of mistakes didn't make for good viewing.

Tipped 3/8 this week; got Dragons, Cows & Dogs right. Given, by the law of averages, a chicken should get 4/8, that's a pretty piss poor effort from me. :eek:

I used to run a team on NRL.com, but the site is so slow I've given it a miss this year. Just doing Sportal (team based & salary cap) this year.

Thank you Newcastle. Not only do I get the pleasure of Cronulla losing but it gets my grand total of correct tips up to 2. What a week =/. Oh well, I'm just happy that one of those correct tips were St George :)

Poor old Bunnies, blooody only a five day break, shithouse form NRL. Jason Taylor was absolutely fuming.

Also LIVERPOOL 5-0 5-0 5-0

The myth that is the Sharks :) So much for taking out the title *cough* Gus!
Raiders had a shocker, I have seen worst from us but still we had no go forward and our attack looked pedestrian.

Users who are viewing this thread