Your Cricket Off season training

Leasey

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi there. I'm interested in doing some training over the offseason here in Australia since my side's not going to make finals. I'm probably going to start on the 1st of April, which leaves me roughly 27 weeks before game one of 2013/14 to work on a few things.

Just so you know, I'm right handed and my role in the side is a top order batsman, usually around 3-4, and also I'm one of the better fielders in my side, even if it is a lower division of club cricket. Mainly, I'm looking to get more strength for a batsman's role, so when I do play my shots they have a little bit more power in them than just timing the ball to the fence. I'd also like to improve my speed and strength with my throwing in the field. But I just don't know where/how to begin.

If anyone could give me a hand with some ideas for exercise and what not, that would be great. I was thinking of using an exercise plan/idea thing which I found as a basis, but I don't know how good it is.
Thanks! :)

Here's the exercise sheet: http://www.e-clubmarketer.com/members_articles/Progs/Cricket%20Pre%20Season%20Batsmen.pdf

Leasey

School Cricketer
I don't even train during the season so can't help you there :p

Ahaha I don't do physical work during the season aside from what's set out at training. I just figured that getting stronger would be a really good idea.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
well I don't turn up to training. I'm over my club, leaving at the end of the season, so since they haven't treated me well, I figure that there's no point to actually turn up to training.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Had my first winter net on Monday. Hadn't batted in about 7 months and boy did it feel like it. Bowled well though, seem to have got a yard or two quicker. Problem is, two days on and my muscles are still sore. I've kept myself fit in the intervening time playing dodgeball - great fun and a good work out.

Leasey

School Cricketer
Had my first winter net on Monday. Hadn't batted in about 7 months and boy did it feel like it. Bowled well though, seem to have got a yard or two quicker. Problem is, two days on and my muscles are still sore. I've kept myself fit in the intervening time playing dodgeball - great fun and a good work out.

Yeah, I was thinking of taking up indoor.. But I don't really want to
I'd rather do batting practice and gym work so I get strong and stuff, and so I keep my eye in..
But I do know I've quickened up since I last bowled pace!

And hedger, damn.. I was in the same place at my club till I found a good coach in one of my Div 1 players

Users who are viewing this thread