Tennis Official Wimbledon 2010 Thread

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nadal has had an excellent tournament so far but so has Berdych. Two powerful players in the final, should be an awesome game.

I am not a very big fan of grass courts, but it will be good to see Rafa win a second Wimbledon title.

harrisb

International Coach
I'm quite a big tennis fan, and managed to get tickets for wednesday. It was part of a school trip and we had 10 centre court tickets @ ?50 each, and ten court 1 tickets @ ?30 each, i am pretty sure these prices were subsidised by the school.

I was one of the ten people on centre court, however, I occassionally swapped with my mate on court 1, allowing me to watch Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray all on the same day. What amazes me about Nadal is the fact that he hits it so much harder and faster than anyone else, Soderling had no chance once Nadal kicked into gear, and although Federer lost, you could see why he is such a champion.

All in all, it was a thoroughly good day, and the general feeling around Wimbledon is that it is still Henman Hill, not Murray Mound/Mnt. Murray.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Nadal has had an excellent tournament so far but so has Berdych. Two powerful players in the final, should be an awesome game.

I am not a very big fan of grass courts, but it will be good to see Rafa win a second Wimbledon title.

It's a shame Berdych is going to win then ;)

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
COME ON TOMAS! Good for the game. Been a long time Berdy fan, and glad to see he's sorting out his mental issues. So much talent.

I don't really like Nadal, but he's showing some aggression finally on the faster surfaces, although this is practically green clay with more assistance for the serve. He was absolutely moronic versus Petzschner though with his injury timeouts, on-court coaching and whining when the umpire gave him a warning.

Hope Berdych wins, better for the game. Adds more competition. The Fed-Nadal duopoly will come to an end soon. Fed's coming to the end of his career, Nadal's knees are going to eventually wear out with his style of tennis.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yes! Rafa takes the first set. Pretty obvious where Berdych went wrong in the first set. He didn't get enough of his first serves in which didn't allow him to dominate with aces.

Much better with the first serve in the second set but Berdych just lost concentration there at the end. He looks good in patches, but can't seem to get any momentum on his side.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I would love a comeback from Berdych but Raffa is just too good for him. Played 4 won 2 and lost in 2 finals in last 4 appearances (hopefully). Pretty good show from a man who was thought of as clay courter only.

I think he can hold grand slam for men sometime in future.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Rafa! Great win. He really has played like number 1 this year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread