Old games that you still play?

It installs fine and then one of two things happens. Either it plays the intro videos, but drops back to the desktop as soon as I try to type a name into the Profile screen, or it stays on the desktop but I can hear the intro vids playing.
The same happened with me when I tried to run Max Payne.

@MasterBlaster76 - doesnt the title song make you go completely nostalgic ? its so beautiful and heart-warming.

i almost cried when i played this game after years. fling the NEXT GEN GFX !!
whats the point of having it when you cant even enjoy the game and absolutely no longevity. :mad:

It's a great game, even after all these years. From what I've seen (demo) and what I've read, Mafia II is a pale shadow of the original, and that is a huge disappointment.

Is MVP Baseball 2005 a old game? As I use it.

bought rome total war the other day (mates were late so I wandered into the second hand games store)

I always wanted it, but never had the hardware to run it, now I have a good laptop it runs like a dream. great game for only 4 quid.

bought rome total war the other day (mates were late so I wandered into the second hand games store)

I always wanted it, but never had the hardware to run it, now I have a good laptop it runs like a dream. great game for only 4 quid.

Ah yes, the great Rome Total War! It was the game that introduced me to the TW series and it's still a great game now. Head over to twcenter.net for some superb mods. I believe there's one called 'Roma Surrectum II' that will update the graphics to near Medieval II standards - as well as other gameplay enhancements. :)

Edit: It will change Rome Total War's GFX from what you know, and most likely love, to this!

rometwbi201008172246393.jpg

rometwbi201008172046073.jpg

rometwbi200909081716287.jpg

rometwbi200909220223244.jpg

You like? :D I'm not sure if they've included new animations as well, but that's one hell of an improvement, no?

Edit: I recommend Quake as well - especially if you somehow didn't get round to playing it the first time round. Quake and both its mission packs can be had for around ?3 from Steam and there are some superb mods that have done a great job updating the textures and lighting - notably 'Darkplaces' and 'Rygel's High Texture Pack'. :) After all these years, there is still nothing as terrifying in gaming as being chased by a Shambler. Actually there is - being chased by two Shamblers! RUN AWAY!!!! :eek:

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

@MasterBlaster76 - doesnt the title song make you go completely nostalgic ? its so beautiful and heart-warming.

i almost cried when i played this game after years. fling the NEXT GEN GFX !!
whats the point of having it when you cant even enjoy the game and absolutely no longevity. :mad:

I would pay good money to have the original's GFX updated to Mafia II standards, then it would defeat the sequel in every conceivable way. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread