Story One-off Test- Australia vs England

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The difference between England and Australia at the moment...is that the Aussies have more established players than England. However England have more emerging players, who have a lot of talent and potential. Before the next ashes, these emerging players, like Andrew Strauss, Simon Jones, Chris Read, Rikki Clarke, Kevin Pieterson would be settled in the England team.

Also, if we do beat the Kiwiz in the tests, it will be a fantastic achievement for us, cuz if you see man to man, New Zealand are the better team. Honestly, I think NZ at the moment is the 2nd best team in the world in terms of consistency and performances, in both forms of the game. Even when half of their players were missing through injury, they still played well. Stephen Fleming, is surely, the best captain in the world today.

dexter

School Cricketer
i hv to disagree w/ u on that mate....the kiwis mite be second best in tests, but not in odi's for sure (remember them gettin whooped versus pak home and away).

my ideal ratings wud be: -

tests
* Aus (sureshot)
* NZ (balanced team)
* India (consistent enuf for the last 3 yrs)

odis
* Aus (duh!!)
* Ind (wc, natwest, pak, champ trophy [joint winners], etc.)
* SL (exciting!)

England's a young team (like W.Indies) and wont figure in my lists atleast for the time being.

Fleming's certainly a brilliant tactician, and so is Ganguly!!!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
the team that got whooped versus pak in pak was a fifth string team. how do explain them beating pak 4-1 in the odis in nz?

and if you rate sl better than eng, then you really need to know that eng have beaten sl almost everywhere. i know they dint do well in last tour of sl. but apart from that england have always had the better of sl.

also india have not been consistent enough in test matches. i would rank them only no.4 or no.5 in tests. before that test win in adelaide against australia, the last test match they had won was against the windies, way back in 2002. I still remember NZ romping india 2-0 in the tests, and 5-2 in the odis.

anyways i think this thread is going in a totally different direction...so lets come back to this already concluded one off test between australia and england.

dexter

School Cricketer
wud love to argue but yea u r rite...this aint the right forum. lets get on w/ it on the cricket chat.

i've heard of brad-man....but this surely is the first time i've come across brad-team...lolz, great achievement brad! think its gotta do wit ur name ;)

Users who are viewing this thread