Online thread

Ok, clearly there is a prob at my end as the game got stuck on the initial bowling selection and couldn't bowl the delivery - hence i had to quit the game. :( :( Argh, this is so infuriating! I don't care about losing, I'd just like to have a game.

Just so you all know - cricketer112 is easily better than me. He was 141-6 from just 11.4 overs. :D :D :D

giffin what happend dude? i was 150 / 6 off 13 overs and u disconnect again !! was enjoying spanking your bowling to all parts!!

Read above, I only disconnected because I couldn't bowl a ball no matter what I tried! I'm going to avoid playing online 'til I can work out what the problem is and what caused it...

...I suspect it's something linked to my logitech gamepad. I should have an XBOX360 PC controller arriving on Tuesday so hopefully that will clear up that problem.

The first game I didn't disconnect, it said that I'd been disconnected from the host.

Tbh after your first-six-over assault I'm pretty terrified of playing online again anyway. :D I think Tendulkar was on 28* after just 6 balls ffs! :laugh

Prob doesn't help that I hadn't even tried playing the AI in a 20-20 match so have no idea what is a good field etc!

I'll definitely avoid him then!

Were the settings on normal or easy mode for our game btw?? You seemed to be able to smack loads of sixes...

can you guys post screen shots of the online lobby / menus

thanks

also are all games on a set skill level online? or can you play on hard?

i think its on hard tbh guys and its the same for the two teams anyway its the same setting as the game against the_gas i had and he cleaned me up easily for 120 after 18 overs,

i will attempt to upload a photo of the online lobby now for you in the next 10 minutes.

nick_giffin - i think i hit loads of sixes because your bowling was too short - i havent played long but i know that short bowling gets smashed in this game!!

...Test matches online?

Say on Xbox, can you pick how many overs, and select a 5 day match?

yea you can, but no online saves, so it would have to be completed in one sitting.

We could have a gentlemens agreement to declare the 1st innings on 0/0 and just play a 1 innings unlimited overs match

yea you can, but no online saves, so it would have to be completed in one sitting.

We could have a gentlemens agreement to declare the 1st innings on 0/0 and just play a 1 innings unlimited overs match

Or, we could ignore our social life completely and play AC09 for hours on end. :p

How long does a Test match take to play? Is it quick?

sorry dude cant get that screenshot up i havent got paint on this comp so cant get it into img file, i will do it on my laptop tommorow, theres not much to see though its just like the demo menu for colour/style - just has create game, browse game/ friends etc... nothing special, hardly anyone playing online for pc

cricketer112 added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

ps sorry for openning the new thread - i noticed earlier there is actually a pc online thread, please close this one as it will not be needed if we stick to the other one

I would imagine it'd take quite a long time against a fellow human. Against the AI, it appears to vary, from what people are saying. However, by not allowing the option to save the game online, they've rendered online Tests pointless - in a game that's based on a Test series. Oh dear. :doh

Users who are viewing this thread