Online thread

This game is horrible online

To start: I have a very good connection (50mbps). I play online with some guy and the ball FREEZES right after its delivered and takes the bounce. So, I'd have to find out when to hit hte ball. If I'd hit before the freezing, it'd always be too early. If after, too late. I was pulling out my hair being dismissed. Then, for the icing on the cake, the connection to my host was lost all of a sudden.

Excellent.

50Mbps? Where on earth do you live mate?

I'm on an up to 8Mbps which connects at about half that. The lag we experienced in that game is among the worst I have in my 40+ attempts at playing, on part with an Indian bloke on a 64Kbps connection.

Personally I'd doubt the number you're giving but, if the number you're giving is true, then you must be downloading/uploading something which is really eating up bandwidth.

In the vast majority of games I've played against UK players I haven't had a problem.

I'm on an up to 8Mbps which connects at about half that. The lag we experienced in that game is among the worst I have in my 40+ attempts at playing, on part with an Indian bloke on a 64Kbps connection.

Personally I'd doubt the number you're giving but, if the number you're giving is true, then you must be downloading/uploading something which is really eating up bandwidth.

In the vast majority of games I've played against UK players I haven't had a problem.

50mbps? He doesn't live on Earth, he lives on some planet with a massively advanced civilisation!!

To be fair in Japan they are on those kind of speeds and even 100mbps.

However, that's largely because a) Japan is such a technologically focused country and b) it's population is so concentrated that it makes laying down the necessary optical fibre in a neighbourhood so much more immediately profitable.

We're only just beginning to see the that kind of roll out in the UK and it'll take at least a decade before it's anything like widespread.

Yeah, nevermind I just realized I was sending a ton of things to my friend while we were playing. I live in the US of A. 50mbps is pretty common for gamers here. Verizon FIOS ftw.

playkid12 added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

50mbps? He doesn't live on Earth, he lives on some planet with a massively advanced civilisation!!
um lol.. verizon fios delivers 50mbps here.. I guess the UK is just lagging behind.

Verizon | FiOS Internet: FiOS vs. Cable

Yeah, nevermind I just realized I was sending a ton of things to my friend while we were playing. I live in the US of A. 50mbps is pretty common for gamers here. Verizon FIOS ftw.

That sounds more like it. Yeah; sadly British Telecom are dragging their feet about fibre :( Anyway, hopefully give you a game another time when you're connection is free :).

Im having the same problems. Was fine bowling, but once batting the lag was unbelievable - No chance of timing the ball because it skips.

Ill be sticking well clear of online play until patched, not just because of this but because of the flaws, i.e. batsman running to same end and AI not running out, overthrows bouncing off the pitch going sky high for four, etc.

Oh i wish i had that speed....but the problem is that you are mostly playing with people in Australia or UK. As you are far away and our connections are around 8mbps, thats why there is a lag. Samething happens when i play COD with americans. There will always be lag.

im not even to try to play online lol.. mine clocks at 1.5mb/s which is so gay... i cant get any better in my area sadly, my brother has about 20mb/s max... which would probs dl at 10mb/s or so... still better than mine

Yeah even i faced the same lag, but i noticed its only with a few players! I have 512kbps (India seems to be the worst when it comes to broadband :(), but when i play with fellow indians, or even people outside india, it works totally lag free, yet with some people (including indians) it lags!!

The laggy games have been only 2 out of the 8 i have played though :)!!

I've only played one match online (PC), and will never play another. Absolutely awful delays - makes batting near impossible.

Lounge room multiplayer only for me.

ive just learnt to play with the lag :D i just time the ball normally when it 'unfreezes' after freezing post delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread