Online thread

I've only played one match online (PC), and will never play another. Absolutely awful delays - makes batting near impossible.

Lounge room multiplayer only for me.
Don't judge it on one game - it depends heavily on the quality of your opponents connection plus their geographical distances from you as well as yours.

I've completed a fair number of online games without a sniff of lag.

Online Play - Public & Private Slots

While creating an online game -

What exactly does public slot and private slot mean? Details would be helpful.

Thnx for that....

Some query regarding the private slot - You need to create a private game 1st & then invite or vice versa? Kindly mention the steps in case of private slot.

And also, does the person needs to be there in the friend list?

Thnx for that....

Some query regarding the private slot - You need to create a private game 1st & then invite or vice versa? Kindly mention the steps in case of private slot.

And also, does the person needs to be there in the friend list?

You need go to create match, choose private slot, and then you invite the friend. And Yes the person needs to be on your Ashes2009 friends list

Online: Ranked or Unranked - any difference

Is there any difference in ranked or unranked (player) matches if someone quits - NO

Can someone pls explain the point of having the option to quit with no penalty in ranked matches

Why have ranked or unranked, when in both forms quitting is unpunished

Nobody wins when someone quits…..there should always be a winner/loser/tie in ranked matches…its what ranked criteria is.

Have transmission completely dropped a dolly in regards to the fundamental differences in ranked and unranked play

In that in all ranked matches, the stats and records are collected and collated.

But only in Ashes 2009, has it gone against the grain……

It has to be the first code I have ever seen, where if someone quits, it doesn’t matter if it’s a ranked or unranked game, there is no provision, its just wiped.

This is a complete oversight in developing a sports game for online play
Sports is about competition.
If people are allowed to quit with no punishment, where is the integrity to the nature of competition.
I wonder if they'll include an overule button for umpire decisions in the next version - fools

Totally agree. What were they thinking. But then again, if there are no stats for win and lose and just for batting/bowling average extra, then why do people quit in the first place. they dont get a loss against there name anyway. there are no stats for win and loss in ashes 2009. I just dont get it.

people quit in spite of the winner as they know the stats arent collected
i have had 3 people quit when i am holding the trophy....the game is over, there is no win/loss stat, so quitting doesnt get u anywhere.

What i dont get now, is my xbox true skill rank says i have played 31 x 20/20 matches, yet my runs and wickets says 33 matches:doh

Its becoming a circus

You need go to create match, choose private slot, and then you invite the friend. And Yes the person needs to be on your Ashes2009 friends list

But how you can create a private match first n then invite your friend? Steps wud be helpful....

I currently hve no friends added; so getting a bit confused....

They should of made rank matches easier to find for friends.At the moment it's very difficult to play rank games with friends.

Anyone fancy a test match some time tonight?

Name: egg1990

can any1 tell me how to play online please..i keep getting unable to access server and something else (not exactly the way its written i think) but please i really want to play online i get invitations and everything else but cant play

had a 20/20 online match with kulch yesterday. Well he beat me very convincingly. I was 71 all out and he made it in 6 overs with 10 wickets in hand. However, i do like to say that i understand its ok to change ball position last second but changing lenth i am not comfortable with. also to keep on doing circles up and down before you ball seems unfair aswell. Maybe its just me and everyone thinks its ok to do so and in that case i need to practice more.

anyway we do need to have a rematch in a weeks time as i need to practice and will get you.

Users who are viewing this thread