Open Source Cricket Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello,

I am sure at this point almost everyone is frustrated with cricket games. There have been few partial successful attempts to create game of own and lot of failed attempts as well.

What is really missing, is a "Collective Community effort" (CCE is what I say). To get the jinx broken I am willing to start yet another project, but a pure Open Source project for a cricket game.

Here's the plan
1) Use as much free/open source softwares as possible, to develop it.
2) The game is composed of two Modules - 3D Simulation, 2D Text Based Management. Use XNA game studio as the Game development platform for the 2D Text based management module.
3) Use C++/C# as languages
4) Use Codeplex.com as the source code repository.
5) Since its open source, souce is accessible to all and editable by all

The two modules would require two different form of expertise.

Since very few of us have good sound knowledge about the 3D development part, I would encourage experienced people like LM to pitch in...

This will not only help cricket game development, but also people learn game developement (who are interested).

I would like to know peoples opinion about this.

Note: This game would not be anyone's property, not even planetcricket's.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Das Vicky! You're back!

This sounds sweet. However, maybe contact LM and see if you could collaborate on TAOC. Because TAOC is building up to be the best cricket game ever, and it's no point putting effort into another one when the same effort can be put into TAOC.

Or, you could contact kurtkz and see if you could work with his Live Cricket 2009 game, which sounds awesome.

An open-source game does sound like a good idea, but I'm pretty certain we don't have that many coders at PC. Time might be better spent at helping the other games? Although if you can get enough coders who are willing, then great.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
I would like to help LM, but thats not possible, as his project is not an Open-Source and at such a later stage its very difficult (unless he thinks otherwise). But I am always up for it :)

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Thanks...Have you worked on XNA? If not I wud recommend to get started

das_vicky

International Cricketer
This project is now worked under name of 22Yards. For updates you can check the thread in this forum itself.

Closing this thread to avoid duplicacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread