Operation Hornets Nest - Water Sports...

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just caught up with the story. It's been pure class and different from anything else on this forum.

I assume I'm out of action for this mission with injury?

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You could've died like I did >.>

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Just caught up with the story. It's been pure class and different from anything else on this forum.

I assume I'm out of action for this mission with injury?

That's right, you will hopefully return to the front lines at some point.

You could've died like I did >.>

Don't be so bitter, you're a hero. :p

I did consider making it so that no one could die unless I specifically decided to kill them off as part of the story but decided it added more tension if anyone could be killed at any time (plus people might get mad that I decided to kill them). Although I'm not gonna lie there was one point when we were flying into the first mission and the helicopter crashed into a tree and exploded killing everyone, but I didn't think that was a particularly good end to the story so I restarted. :lol

Chewie

BCCI President
ahahaha that would have been pretty amusing :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
when we were flying into the first mission and the helicopter crashed into a tree and exploded killing everyone, but I didn't think that was a particularly good end to the story so I restarted. :lol

Would have been a sad way to end the story :p

Chewie

BCCI President
I reckon it would have made an awesome story to troll everyone.

Spoobir

1055gu.jpg

Omega squad sprinted through the thick evergreen forest as fast as they were able, sounds of Russian voices and the unmistakable barking of tracker hounds drifted through the trees from behind them. Far too close for comfort and gaining as the squad were unable to move at maximum speed with the injured RPG in tow. After a moment the Captain spoke, panting through the effort of running and carrying the arms dealer;
"Yudi, Mark, go on ahead and make sure the boat's ready to leave when we get there!"
They followed his orders without word, sprinting off into the forest and leaving the rest of the squad to labour on.

Colonel Yury Zaitsev was no fool however, he had already guessed from the direction they had taken that the intruders would be trying to escape by sea and had radioed for a patrol boat to head out into the bay to cut them off. He suspected they were American and if he could capture or kill them it would earn him great accolades back in Moscow, it might even be his ticket out of this God-forsaken place. It would definitely spark a major international incident and maybe even a war! He urged his men onward with grim determination as they followed the fresh tracks in the snow.

Unrestrained by their wounded captive, it took Yudi and Mark no time at all to reach the dock. They were relieved to see it undefended as their fear had been that enemy troops would have reinforced it once they had been compromised. When they entered the shed Mark jumped down into the boat to start the engine while Yudi headed back outside to watch for any sign that would indicate the approach of the remainder of their squad.

escapeu.jpg

Yudi could hear the boat's engine whirring from inside as he scanned the treeline, he was glad it hadn't seized up in the extreme cold. Suddenly he saw movement from the forest and raised his weapon. Peering closesly he identified the white uniforms of his squadmates as the broke the line of trees and sprinted towards him. Unfortunately he wasn't the only one who had noticed them break cover and a rattle of machine gun fire was heard from the forest, it was close.

The Captain and Ollie held RPG between them now, supporting him as they ran along the gangway to the boat shed. Riz, Hedger and Highlander made up the rearguard, covering the forest from where there pursuers would surely soon emerge. They had just made it to the boathouse when all hell broke loose: A small squad of Russian troops had made it out of the trees and opened fire on the exposed position. Splinters of wood flew up around them as the hail of bullets shredded the old rotten wood of the shed, it was obviosu it would not provide much cover in a firefight. Highlander and Hedger took up positions nevertheless, firing a salvo at the assaulting Russians and forcing them to dive to the floor with their combination of accurate sniper fire and suppressive bursts. However they could not keep it up forever and it was with great relief that they heard the Captain's voice from inside: it was time to extract.

dockfirefight.jpg

The last two members of Omega squad leaped down into the boat causing it to rock dramatically:
"Watch it you f***ing idiots!" yelled Ollie as he was nearly thrown from his precarious position perched on the side and into to sub-zero seawater. RPG, sat right in the middle of boat, was letting out muffled screams through his gag due to the fact Highlander had landed right on top of his already shattered kneecap:
"Oh, sorry about that mate." he said, grinning and patting RPG just a little bit too hard on the back. After that there was no further opportunity to talk as Mark gunned the engine, lurching every man in the boat backwards and propelling the small craft out into the open water. A few splashes of water jumped up around them as the men on the shore opened fire but it was inacurate and they were soon out of range.

They were nearly at the entrance to the bay itself when a shout went up:
"Enemy boat, port side!" The Captain looked to their left and saw the craft, a small patrol boat was speeding towards them. He was unable to see whether or not it was armed but he soon got a hint when a spray of heavy machine gun bullets exploded into the water next to them. He knew there was little they could do but try to evade it, their own craft had no weapon and the motion of the craft mean attempting to return fire with their small arms would be futile. The men hung on grimly as the enemy boat fell in behind them, in a straight line they would easily have been able to outrun the larger vessel but Mark was having to weave through the water to avoid the deadly gunfire and it was slowing them down considerably. The Captain was screaming into his radio but nobody on the boat was able to hear his words over the roar of the engines and the machine gun. The bay was far behind them now as they skimmed across the open sea, thanking their stars it was a calm day or they would not have stood a chance.

It was Riz, positioned at the bow of the boat, who first spotted the black dot on the horizon. As the dot grew larger it morphed into the unmistakable shape of a Chinook helicopter, speeding straight towards them. It was not long before the pursuing Russians noticed it too and they opening fire as it flew low and fast. When the huge chopper eventually flew over them the blast of wind from its twin rotary blades nearly capsized the smaller of the two boats, leaving the occupants hanging on for dear life. Meanwhile the Chinook had opening fire with its own door mounted minigun, strafing the Russian patrol boat and causing it to veer violently to the right in order to avoid being ripped apart. When he turned to survey the battle the Captain saw with alarm that there were more ships on the horizon, including a couple much larger than their original hunter. He ordered Mark to head onward this time keeping the boat's course straight and true.

boatchase.jpg

There was now some distance between Omega squad's vessel and the Russians' so the Chinook swept around and flew back over them, buffeting the tiny craft once more. When it was about 500 yards ahead the pilot brought the chopper into a hover and dropped altitude as fast as he dared, causing a huge amount of spray to kick up as the massive machine neared the surface of the water. The men in the boat saw the wheels hit the water and go under as the ramp at the back was lowered, those that believed said silent prayers as Mark lined them up and gave it some throttle.

They sped over the sea towards the open rear end of the Chinook, when they entered the maelstrom caused by the spinning blades Mark almost lost control but at the last second yanked them back on course and sent them flying up the ramp and into the cabin. Behind them one of the helicopter crew slammed the ramp shut and shouted up to the pilot who powered up the engines and lifted off.

waterextract.jpg

Nobody in the boat moved. They just sat breathing heavily, engaged in their own silent thoughts. Suddenly the Captain leaned over the side and vomited spectacularly into the salt water that was frothing about on the floor of the cabin. When he was done he looked round, everyone was staring at him:
"I knew that full English was a mistake!" he exclaimed and burst into fits of laughter. It was not long before the entire squad was roaring with mirth, shaking hands and slapping each other on the back. They had made it.

chap2end.jpg

RPHKR

National Board President
Name: Puneethkumar Ravichandran
Nationality: Indian
Spec 1: Automatic Rifleman
Spec 2: Anti-Armour
Spec 3: Demolitions

Edit: Just corrected a typo!

Last edited:

ARay

County Cricketer
I feel like i will never make my mystery appearance in this story! :(

Spoobir

Well it's a lot more likely now than one week ago when the story was almost completely dead. :p

Users who are viewing this thread