Operation Hornets Nest - Water Sports...

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
What a ████ way to die. Looks like this mission will be a fail now that we only have a few men left.

Oh damn, maybe I should have been clearer. I meant you "had no chance" of stopping. No one actually died in the car crash, or in this update at all actually. Trev is still wounded though so he will prob be out of action for a bit.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well tbh, I wasn't sure either but ARay said that 2 people died and I couldn't find anyone else who died in the update so I just guessed it was me and the captain. And you did say, I suffered the same fate so that does hint that I died.

Anyway, now we have hope :p Let's hope that we can not lose any more members anytime soon.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
good to see no one died today, but the story is getting interesting... will be interesting to see how the squad goes forward now.

Spoobir

1425t.jpg

Hans Klaussner packed the last of his $250,000 advance payment into his bag before leaving his hotel room that afternoon. He had already checked on his laptop that the rest of the $1.5 million had been wired to his account, indicating that Gonzalez was in possession of the Rizene gas. He whistled happily to himself as he made his way down to the hotel lobby, his flight to Brazil had already been booked and within 6 hours he would be sunbathing on a beach somewhere.

He checked out of the hotel and stepped into the bright afternoon sunshine, heading over to wear his pickup was parked. When he turned on the ignition the radio came on with news about the fighting in the south, something about how Gonzalez's troops were being pushed back and one of his main strongholds had been destroyed in a bombing raid. Klaussner smirked to himself and switched to a channel playing music, now that he had his money what did he care about what happened to Gonzalez's so called "revolution"?

It was only a short distance to the airport but the afternoon traffic was heavy and he soon found himself in a traffic jam one of the city's main streets, he lit a cigarette, rolled down the windows and prepared to wait it out. A little while later the traffic began to thin a little and a gap opened in front of his pickup, as Klaussner gratefully began to move off a large black van emerged from a sidestreet and screeched to a halt in front of him. The lettering on the side read FEA which he knew stood for Fuerzas Especiales Antiterroristas, the special anti-terrorist unit of the Lingor Police force.

In a panic Klaussner attempted to back up his truck but the car behind him was too close and he was completely jammed in. He attempted to leave by the driver side door as men in navy blue burst from the back of the van, but only got about two paces before being tackled to the ground. With all the breath driven from his body he was unable to put up any struggle while being dragged away and flung unceremoniously into the back of the police van.

By now quite a crowd had gathered and more police cars were arriving to get the flow of traffic moving again. The FEA van moved off and back down a quieter street where two men waited by the side of the road, one of them wore the blue uniform of the Lingor police captain and the other, despite the heat, a black suit. The van stopped next to them and a number of the anti-terrorist unit dismbarked, the police captain spoke briefly to them in Spanish before turning to the man in black;
"It seems they got your man without a struggle."
"Good" came the reply in an American accent "We have an aircraft ready to take him off the island to one of our secure units for interrogation. You just get him to the airfield, and we'll take it from there..."

hanscapture.jpg

Last edited:

Spoobir

planezk.jpg

transmissionp.jpg

"Good morning men. You are no doubt wondering what your destination is and I can tell you now you are heading to the Pomegratskaya region in northern Russia. As you know we took Hans Klaussner into custody two days ago and since then have managed to extract pretty much all the information we couldget from him. Unfortunately he didn't have much access to Gonzalez's plans while he was meeting with his men however he did hear a name mentioned several times which we think needs to be followed up on and that name is RPG. We don't know his real name or much else about him other than that he's an infamous arms dealer based in Pomegratskaya who provides weapons to numerous gurrila and rebel forces around the world. If he gets his hands on any of the Rizene gas from Gonzalez it could be in the hands of the most dangerous people in the world within weeks."

"I'm afraid this is the only photo we have of him, he's notoriously secretive and almost impossible to get in contact with. We managed to get this shot completely by chance while investigating a militant group in east Africa. It's been hard but we've tracked him to his hideout in Russia and it will be your mission to go in there and bring him out for interrogation about his dealings with Gonzalez."

laptop2h.jpg

"We're right now sending you the location of his hideout in Pomegratskaya, it's disguised as logging mill for evergreen trees but in reality is a stash for thousands of weapons of every type. He has his own virtual private army of thugs and militants defending the place and the local law enforcement and other authorities are likely in his pocket as well. I don't need to tell you how delicate the political situation is here, if the Russians get wind that we're operating on their soil it would almost definitely lead to a major international incident. I take it then I don't need to tell you again that if you're are caught or killed all knowledge of your existence will be denied."

"You won't be completely on your own however, we've some contacts within the region who will set you up with transportation to the Mill and any other equipment you might require. As you'll probably need to get out of there ASAP once you have RPG we have also arranged a chopper which will extract you out of the immediate hot-zone, other than that however you're on your own."

"Good luck! Oh, and don't forget to pack warm clothes."

laptop1r.jpg

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Looking forward to it. Another nice update there. Like reading this stuff. A nice story line makes a story so much better :p

Spoobir

0830pom.jpg

The three men huddled closer around the burning barrel which struggled to keep them warm as a light snowfall sprinkled the ground, the crackle of the fire the only sound other than the distant creeking of ice sheets which floated out in the bay. They passed a bottle of vodka between them, hoping the alcohol would dull the pain emanating from their freezing extremities, they had drawn the short straw with the worst job on offer: guarding RPG's private dock. It was an unenviable task out there on the frozen coastline, especially because there weren't even any shipments coming in tonight which meant they had to spend all night essentially guarding the one small motorboat which was housed at the dock. They intended to get as drunk as possible.

The fourth guard was inside the shed itself, grumbling to himself as he had been tasked with checking on the boat as if anything could have happened to it. He walked round till he was at the very edge of the dock and casually flicked his finished cigarette into the inky black water. Stamping his feet to keep the circulation moving he turned away to head back to the others but suddenly felt himself get lurched backwards, the hand pulling on the back of his belt coupled with the large backpack he was wearing made it impossible to keep his balance and he was pulled backwards into the freezing water. When he hit it was almost as if he had been kicked hard in the stomach: all the breath was driven from his body, all his senses numbed by the complete shock enduced from the extreme cold. He didn't even feel the knife piercing his chest.

Three black forms pulled themselves up onto the dock, the water sliding off their neoprene drysuits which had kept them warm throughout their swim in the arctic waters. They switly kicked off flippers and removed oxygen tanks, retrieved sub-machineguns from waterproofs bags and silently moved outside towards the muffled voices of the other guards. The men by the barrel would not have stood a chance had they been sober. As it was just a few short bursts took care of all three, their bodies collapsing into the deep snow, staining it red with their blood. As two of the black-suited men moved towards where the bodies lay, the third headed back inside to the edge of the dock where he withdrew a powerful flaslight. Pointing it out into the bay he switched it on and off three times... After a short pause he could make out the return signal flashing back at him from the blackness. It was not long before he could quite clearly hear the whirring of the boat's motor as it approached the dock but it was a good while before he could make its the shape. The small craft carrying the rest of Omega squad cut its way through the water and slid into the dockhouse, their insertion had been a complete success. However dawn arrived late in the northern winter and they still had work to do...

dockb.jpg

Last edited:

Spoobir

Just in case anyone is wondering, this story isn't abandoned. My gaming PC went bust a couple of weeks ago and I currently don't have the money for the part I need to fix it, I get paid on tuesday though so after I do a budget I'll decide whether I can afford to get the part right away. I should do but even if not I definitely will in a week or two, so it will continue then at the latest.

@ARay if you still want to be part of the story I have an idea, it won't be as a member of the main squad but if you are interested let me know.

Spoobir

Me too, I'm interested. Looks pretty good.

Hmm ok, well you and anyone else who wants in on the story fill in the sign up sheet on the first page and PM it to me and I'll try and find a way to fit you into the story. You can even be a bad guy if you want, just tell me it in your pm. (Note: Your chances of being killed increase dramatically if you are a baddie :p )

Also, this is the first time I've looked through this thread on my laptop which has a much smaller screen than my other PC, never realised how huge the screenshots were till now :lol

Spoobir

0935.jpg

There was still nearly 30 minutes until sunrise when Omega squad were ready to move out. They knew they would have to leave in a hurry so had prepared in order to make sure their extraction would go as smoothly as possible. Dressed now in warm snow camo they gathered round for one last short run through of the mission plan before setting off into the silent darkness of the evergreen forest. There was not a large distance between RPG's dock and the disguised logging mill and they were unsure of whether he had patrols out in the forest so for the duration of the walk the only sound they made was the crunching of their footsteps in the freshly fallen snow. Before long another sound met their ears, mens voices shouting in Russian. The Captain called a halt to the squad and they crouched silently in the trees but the voices sounded more like the general shouts of men working, rather than exclamations of alarm which would indicate that they had been compromised so after a moment they continued in the direction of the voices.

Not long after this the mill could be seen emerging through the trees. It consisted of a large red warhouse and a grey building which appeared to be a sawmill but in reality was the housing quarters for RPG and his men. A road ran through the centre of the camp where a number of logs sat piled under shelters to keep up the pretence that it was a working logging mill. Moving like shadows through the trees the squad circled the camp till they reached the high ground on the far side where they had a perfect line of fire on the men below.

surroundrpg.jpg

Leaving Highlander and Hedger in cover up on the hill, the rest of the squad moved down behind the red warehouse. As they did so Hedger lined his sites upon a pickup truck which had been fitted with a mounted rocket launcher and prepared for the signal from the Captain. The second team had reached the corner of the warehouse where they stopped so the Captain could give the order: Fire at will.

Hedger's shot cracked through the cold air of the night and the man on the rocket launcher slumped and toppled off the side of the truck and into the freshly fallen snow. Almost instantly Highlander opened fire on the compound, his automatic fire causing the men within to dive for cover amongst the buildings and piles of logs. With the battle joined, the Captain, Yudi, Ollie and Mark headed round the side of the warehouse and engaged RPG's men from a position corner. Caught in the crossfire between the two squads the men in the camp didn't stand a chance and after a short but fierce firefight they were all taken out. With Highlander and Hedger still covering from the high ground, the rest of the squad moved into the heart of the complex.

rpgassault.jpg

Just as they were approaching the main building where it was suspected RPG was holed up the door suddenly burst open and 2 men armed with assault rifles charged out. Within 2 seconds the lead was down courtesy of a large caliber bullet from Hedger's rifle entering his skull. The second man stopped dead in his tracks as he was covered in a fine red mist but then he too was dropped in a hail of gunfire. Acting quickly the squad stormed the building in time to see a man sprinting away from them down the corridor, he couldn't see much from behind but the Captain recognised the distinctive hat that RPG was known to wear and raised his rifle.

RPG was nearly at the end of the hallway when the bullet struck him. Entering at the back of his leg it shattered his kneecap sending him sprawling to the floor in more pain than he had ever felt in his life. His shouts of agony were quickly stifled as the Captain was upon him, sticking a knee into his back and pinning his face into the floor with his forearm as Yudi searched him, finding a cell phone in his pocket and a pistol strapped to his side. Working as fast as they could Yudi and the Captain bound RPG's hands tightly with a roll of duct tape then rolled him onto his back to stuff a rag into his open mouth which would suffice to keep him quiet, placing a strip of tape over his mouth so he couldn't spit the makeshift gag out. He was ready for extraction.

With RPG unable to walk the Captain has to carry him in a fireman's lift, unable to use his weapon so the rest of the squad made sure they had him covered from all angles as they moved back out across the compound. Just then they got some bad news from the two-man team up on the hill; they had spotted a truck approaching the mill fast along the road, it seemed RPG had phoned for reinforcements just before his capture. They turned to open fire on the truck as it entered the camp from the opposite side and it screeched to a halt as a large number of men piled out the back, it was immediately clear that these were not mercenaries such as the ones they had fought so far on the mission but Russian soldiers. RPG had spent years lining the officers at the local army base's pockets with rubles, which had kept them in good supply of women and vodka and in turn caused them to owe him a lot of favours.

Knowing it was futile to engage such a large number of trained troops, especially with a captive in their midst, the Captain called for a rapid withdrawal. With covering fire still coming from the hill, Yudi, Mark and Ollie began to deploy smoke grenades to completely screen the squad. As soon as Russian troop's line of sight was totally obscured by the thick cloud of smoke the squad disengaged and sprinted up over the hill and into the thick cover of the pine trees, the Captain still with RPG slung over his shoulders to weigh him down. They knew pursuit would not be far behind them and with their captive to slow them considerably it would be a race against time to reach the dock and their extraction point before the Russians were upon them.

rpgextract.jpg

Last edited:

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
story just got fun, i doubt that all of us will make it alive by the next update :p

Users who are viewing this thread