Optical mouse problem

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry to create this here, but I needed attention.

I am currently having a weird problem with my "Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse V2.0".
Whenever I start my PC, the red light (LED) on the mouse doesn't appears for about 30-50 minutes and therefore, the mouse doesn't move. But the weird thing is that I can still click, and scroll but not able to move the cursor.

After, 30-50 minutes, the light comes itself and the mouse runs like charm.
The turn off/restart thing doesn't work and the mouse isn't wireless.

Can somebody help me please?

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Sorry to create this here, but I needed attention.

I am currently having a weird problem with my "Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse V2.0".
Whenever I start my PC, the red light (LED) on the mouse doesn't appears for about 30-50 minutes and therefore, the mouse doesn't move. But the weird thing is that I can still click, and scroll but not able to move the cursor.

After, 30-50 minutes, the light comes itself and the mouse runs like charm.
The turn off/restart thing doesn't work and the mouse isn't wireless.

Can somebody help me please?
Free Software Downloads - Microsoft USB Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 (IntelliPoint) - Drivers::Input Devices - Simtel.net

Those drivers above may help

Abhas

Retired Administrator
It's probably a faulty Laser. If the mouse is under Warranty, you might want to get it replaced, otherwise you'll probably need to buy a new mouse. I don't think there's any point in repairing that thing, considering how cheap mice are nowadays.

You can test if the mouse works in some other computer?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
If it's USB, try plugging it into a different socket. Doubt that'll work though. Looks like a hardware fault to me.

Varun

ICC Board Member
It's probably a faulty Laser.

But then, how can it start working itself after 30-50 minutes?
Also, after dowloading the driver suggested by Omkarjere, the time taken by mouse to get fixed reduced.
I'll observe the working of mouse for a few days and then answer.

varun_rustagi added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

If it's USB, try plugging it into a different socket. Doubt that'll work though. Looks like a hardware fault to me.

Nah! That is not the problem. I know it.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I don't know the components that go into the mouse, but probably the capacitor that stores charge for the Laser to work is malfunctioning. It is storing it for too long, that causes the laser to be charge deficient initially, but one the cycle is complete it works fine.

( just my opinion on what may be the issue.. I could be completely wrong here.) :)

Abhas added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Oh, and another thing, does it occur everytime you start your computer, or once a day, or randomly?

omkarjere

International Cricketer
This maybe rare but can happen Does your computer have USB 1.1 ? This may happen only if your PC is a little old. Also try this mouse on another PC or even a laptop and tell me What OS are u using ?

Varun

ICC Board Member
Oh, and another thing, does it occur everytime you start your computer, or once a day, or randomly?

Everytime I start my PC.

varun_rustagi added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

This maybe rare but can happen Does your computer have USB 1.1 ? This may happen only if your PC is a little old. Also try this mouse on another PC or even a laptop and tell me What OS are u using ?

I'm using Windows XP Media Center edition.

varun_rustagi added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Just for the record, after installing the Microsoft Intellipoint, the time taken by mouse to start working has reduced considerably (30 minutes to 5-10 minutes).

Users who are viewing this thread