Overseas Players

I was a little cash strapped at one stage and purchased R Sodhi an Indian all rounder. He opened my bowling for sussex and his average in the 1st season was 25 and the second 18 or 19. His batting was also exceptional with average of first year approx 55 and second around 50.

I also have used Murali and Vettori. Vettori is useful if you need a decent spinner and are a struggling batting team.

Reetinder Sodhi. Yea, he's real good in this game. Was an excellent U-19 allrounder, but everyone says he peaked then, and is no more than a usefule meadium-pacer and a handy lower-order biffer now.
And Vettori is a really good bat. Suprising really. Out of nowhere he can score a 70, 80 or even a hundred. And a nice and tight spinner.

I've experimented with lots of overseas players and I've found that if you can get :

Kumar Sangakkara - He's a wonderful third batsmen and averages 67.91 in Tests.

Sachin Tendulkar - Again, just as good.

Umar Gul - Brilliant for me. His career best was 10/56 and averaged 3 wickets a match.

---FOR YOUR OWN SAKE PLS AVOID------​

Andrew Symonds
Adam Gilchrist
Imran Farhat

i found both symmo and gilly useful the times i have had them.

in my 3 seasons for notts ive found that dave hussey and flemming are good. ponting and sachin are amazing. shoaib is good and naveed al hasan is amazing he took 10 wickets in an innings for me at the start of teh season.

another tip if you get the chance to buy graeme swann good batter and a phenominal spinner. last season he took over 120 wickets, if i remember correctly but he was highest wicket taker in the season

D Jadhav is quite possibly the best overseas player i've seen on the game, scores century after century for both India and the counties. I just couldnt bowl him out as england, scored a century nearly every innings.

S Afridi, scored 1000+ and took 80+ wickets. For my first 2 years.
R Ponting/ Shewag got my 1500+ runs in those two years aswell.

Worst player i think i have ever has was:
D Bravo, who averaged 8.90 with the bat and 49 with the ball.
If only they were the other way round!

Best bowler I have had is Ahsanullah Hasan. He is a fantastic spinner but not very economical in one day games.

Best batsman has probably been G.Smith.

rumblah said:
i found both symmo and gilly useful the times i have had them.
I haven't tried either in the domestic league, but Symonds scored a comfortable century and a half in the ashes for me [164 to be precise] and with someone like Langer or Ponting, Gilchrist can be useful, but usually goes for about 20 or so. Symonds is pretty awful bowling, for Australia if you need a spinner I use Warne, Katich or Ponting. They do the trick.

Ahsanullah Hasan was great for me when I was managing Bangla, but unfortunately I had to drop him from the ODI squad. He was just too expensive, Alok Kapali, Majural Islam and Mohammed Rafique (Elias Sunny when Reafique retired) were better. Razzaq, Enamul Haq, A.Sunny, S.Khan, all these SLA bowlers were good too.

Cameron White has been awesome for me
I use him as my only spinner in the team and just pick 3 quickies.
He normally picks up atleast 3 wickets every innings and has a best haul of 7.
Also very handy batsmen averaging mid 40s.
I picked him coz he was all i could afford and WOW what a star hes been for me.

ricky pointing is an ace buy and i got his salary to just 50 thousand

Watsons ace

shane watsons averaged 38.00 with the bat in FC and 23.00 in bowling in od in my first season 54.00 or so with a bowling average 24.00 with econ of 4.5 this in icc ashes eddition 2006. prety gd huh?

Users who are viewing this thread