Pakistan Super League 2013

Stupid thing to hold a league with current state of turmoil in Pakistan. Also March will be election season and violence is sure to go up a few notches. It will only bring harm to our chances of ever hosting international cricket. I don't see any foreign player willing to visit us for the time being.

Stupid thing to hold a league with current state of turmoil in Pakistan. Also March will be election season and violence is sure to go up a few notches. It will only bring harm to our chances of ever hosting international cricket. I don't see any foreign player willing to visit us for the time being.

Good point but as they are now so many leagues in a year they have no choice.

Foreign players themselves will come; keep in mind that an International XI did visit.

The timing though is very bad; as you said election season. Also, unless the auction happens in January, I feel this will be very rushed, and in the end, a failed juncture for the PCB.

Here's the official logo unveiled today(or yesterday):

scaled.php

----------

And please update the OP. It has A LOT of wrong information.

I agree timing and circumstances arent good to hold a successful league.I wish it doesnt turn out to be a big fail and remain safe from attacks

543960_186717288136701_2127102922_n.jpg

Here's more clear and straight look at the logo.

I hope it'll be successful, They should have 8-10 teams, and they shouldn't only organize the matches at 2/3 venues. People of other cities want to have some action in their city too :D.

One hundred sixteen people were killed yesterday for crying out loud. How does PCB expect any international player to come and play here at risk of their lives. :facepalm

Last edited:
PS "L" = Afridi :)

Faisalabad is the best choice,crowds there come in good numbers but i think dont anywhere in Sindh except KHI,crowds will come

but there are people, looking for Cricket in their cities like me :facepalm

----------

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to hold its proposed super league T20 tournament, named Pakistan Super League, in March this year.

A source in PCB told PTI that tentatively the super league has been planned from March 24 in Lahore, a day after Pakistan's tour to South Africa ends.

"The chairman of the board, Zaka Ashraf is expected to unveil league's logo on Thursday," the source said.

PCB has already formed a secretariat to run the T20 event. Former banker, Sarwar Salman Butt has been appointed as the managing director while the board is also paying former ICC executive Haroon Lorgat USD 25,000 monthly to work as advisor for the tournament, the source said.

An Indian company has also been acting as consultant for the board on the league.

"The PCB has made up its mind to go ahead with the super league in March and Lorgat, the Indian company and the executive director Badar Rafai were using their contacts to to sign overseas players," the source said.

"The PCB is hopeful that particularly the involvement of Lorgat as tournament consultant and advisor will have long term benefits for them and they should be able to attract some notable players for the event."
The super league will start after the Pakistan's tour to South Africa ends in March while the Indian Premier League begins in the first week of April..

Users who are viewing this thread