Story Pakistan - The Journey [CC07] (Pak V SA 1st Test Day 1 TEA)

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
PCB Announce New Coach

The PCB have today unveiled previously inexperienced Rhys Williams with the Pakistani national team coaching job. He has been offered a 4 year contract up to the end of the 2011 World Cup. Williams was a very unexpected choice having only been in the coaching business for 6 months. Although being very successful at Somerset, there were more experienced targets in mind such as Geoff Lawson and Dav Whatmore. However, the PCB has asked the media to support the decision, and so it shall uphold the decision.

Rhys Williams, a 43 year old ex-Wales cricket player, started his coaching career just 2 years ago, when he was placed in charge of Minor County, Devon. At the beginning of the last cricket season, he was offered the Somerset job and so moved next door (county-wise) to take charge. He guided Somerset to a very successful season, gaining promotion in both divisions, getting to the final of the Twenty20 cup and getting to the semi's of the Friends Provident Trophy.

Bangladesh had shown particular interest in hiring Williams after Dav Whatmore decided to end his time with the sub-continent team - however, it is understood that Williams turned down a contract offer to stay with Somerset.

Now it appears that Pakistan offered Williams triple what Bangladesh offer, and it was obviously an offer he just couldn't refuse. He will leave his Somerset post tomorrow and fly out to Karachi to meet the chairman of the PCB.

This is what he had to say:

"Well, seems like I've gone and got myself an international job! I always said I'd love to go back to the subcontinent after touring there with my school and then Wales. It was pretty easy to accept the offer really, one, the money was REALLY good, and two, as I am single, I don't have to worry about family problems - just have to worry about buying a house/flat... In all honesty though, I'm priveleged to have been offered this job and I look forward to taking Pakistan forward with my 4 year contract."

Here at Karachi Times we ask you to support the PCB's decision and to look forward to a, hopefully, successful new era under Rhys Williams. We are certainly looking forward to it!

PCB Announces Post-World Cup Fixtures

PCB Announce Zimbabwe Series

The Pakistan Cricket Board have today announced a three-match one day international series against the might of Zimbabwe, in Zimbabwe. This three match series will be Williams first chance to show off his coaching abilities - and he will surely be looking for a 3-0 win over an increasingly weak Zimbabwe team.

There is great interest within Pakistan as to whom Williams will play. With Inzamam-ul-Haq retired and Imran Farhat banned, the choices will be interesting. Shoaib Akhtar and Mo. Asif are surely likely to be the strike bowlers, barring injury.

ZIMBABWE v PAKISTAN
Tango One Day International Series

Tango have been announced as sponsors for the three match international series.

1st ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL - 7th Sept 07
2nd ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL - 9th Sept 07
3rd ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL - 11th Sept 07

Will Pakistan be celebrating using the tango, or will they be tangoed by the African "minnows"?

JOIN US IN SEPTEMBER ON TEN SPORTS

No Tests :eek: Anyways, the One-Day Internationals will be very exciting. Great works and Great presentation Rhys. Looking forward to the series. :)

Good luck on to your story, i'll be keeping a eye on. :)

You started ANOTHER story!!! My God, keep this up, and PC will dedicate an entire sub-forum to your stories!

WILLIAMS ANNOUNCES SQUAD

New Pakistan coach, Rhys Williams, has released his squad for the tour of Zimbabwe. There are a few surprise inclusions with Salman Butt and Hasan Raza out injured.
He hopes that he has got a strong enough squad to demolish Zimbabwe in their own back yard - although, you can never know!

PAKISTAN SQUAD for Tango One Day Intl Series

Shoaib Malik (c) (opn)
Younis Khan (vc)
Taufeeq Umar (opn)
Faisal Athar (opn)
Mohammad Yousuf
Asim Kamal
Faisal Iqbal

Shahid Afridi (a-r, ls)

Shoaib Akhtar (rf)
Shahid Nazir (rfm)
Ali Asad (rfm)
Danish Kaneria (rls)
Saqlain Mushtaq (ros)
Shabbir Ahmed (rfm)
Mohammad Asif (rfm)

This is possibly one of the strongest ever Pakistan bowling lineups with the likes of Akhtar, Asif and Afridi being joined by old timer Mushtaq.

The three match series starts on 7th September, in 3 days time.

Wow strong Pakistan bowling attack but considering the batting lineup there is no Misbah in the squad. According to me after Inzi retired Misbah is the perfect replacement for him. Still strong lineup capable to beat Zim :). All the best with the matches :)

Nice squad, Rhys. Good bowling attack. I didn't realise you could recall Saqlain? Ah well, it's your story ;). Come on Zim, I say! :p

Faisal Iqbal!!! Please not him! Wheres Misbah, I Nazir, or even Butt?

Great story so far, looking forward to see how this team performs!

Users who are viewing this thread