Pakistan to name new captain

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
News in the paper today is that Pakistan will be naming a new captain following the ODI tour of Australia.

So, who could it be?

I see only one realistic candidate.

Shahid Khan Afridi.

Younus Khan will probably not take it up again (well I doubt or I hope the PCB don't offer it), Shoaib Malik was an epic fail (and isn't assured of a place in the side), Kamran Akmal needs to worry about his keeping, and I don't think a bowler will get it.

One person with an outside shot of the captaincy in my opinion is Salman Butt - if Pakistan take a Graeme Smith approach.

I'm surprised at the announcement during the tour though, what if Yousuf leads the team to a 4-1 win over Australia (big if)

I'm surprised at the announcement during the tour though, what if Yousuf leads the team to a 4-1 win over Australia (big if)
Yes, exactly. If they can't see the sense in not making an announcement mid-series, then we can only expect more senseless decisions to occur.

Well Yousuf is a temp captain. So an official announcement (whether to retain him or not) was due anyways.

Yousaf was always on trial,Afridi or Younis is best choice.

Yousaf was always on trial,Afridi or Younis is best choice.

Wouldnt take Younis even if they paid me. Either he wants it or not, ever since Inzi left he has been giving it up and taking it back and just preventing another captain from developing. Could have had a solid captain by now.

^^I agree with you but Younis is hour of need but may be Afridi can also revolutionize himself as well as team.

It'll probably go to Shahid Afridi, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go to a younger player, like Salman Butt.

For their betterment.

I hope this team get's stabilize with their issues till worldcup.

Shahid doesn't play 3 formats and for Pakistan's sake, I hope they aren't going to play multiple captains for multiple formats. Younis Khan is the right pick, eventhough his form is a bit shady and his relations with team mates aren't that good. He's the best among the bad and the ugly

Afridi has a good test record, and can make the test team fairly easily. Make him skipper and give him back his spot. Easy as that.

Afridi has a good test record, and can make the test team fairly easily. Make him skipper and give him back his spot. Easy as that.

Considering some other hacks they had in the middle order he isn't such a bad option, not to mention the spin he offers.

Butt
Farhat
Younis
Yousuf
Akmal
Afridi *
Akmal +
Aamer
Gul
Kaneria
Asif

Users who are viewing this thread