Pakistan to name new captain

Pls no Younis Khan, he is a rubbish captain. Pakistan didn't win the T20 world cup because of his captaincy, it was boom boom who lead them with both and ball and also Umar Gul with his reverse swing bowling.

I think Misbah ul Haq could have made a very good captain but the problem is he's not good enough to play test cricket but he's a fantastic ODI player. Boom Boom is the right man tbh but I really don't think he will play test cricket before 2011 World Cup so this really is a dilemma for PCB.

One thing that favors Afridi is he is good at politics which some how the other matter when its any cricket teams.

The only realistic option is Shahid Afridi. Salman Butt is an interesting choice, as he was also the U-19 captain, but Afridi shall get it. Hope Butt gets the VC

I don't think they have any other choice than Afridi.They will ofcourse need to give him time to settle into it.

Pls no Younis Khan, he is a rubbish captain. Pakistan didn't win the T20 world cup because of his captaincy, it was boom boom who lead them with both and ball and also Umar Gul with his reverse swing bowling.
It was Younis who held back Umar Gul for 4 over spells at the death instead of letting him bowl with the new ball. Younis was very innovative with his field settings and kept himself in important positions, and fielded well in those positions. His captaincy did play a big role.

Yunus Khan is by far the stupidest and the worst captain a cricket team has ever seen. Most unstable person who should never be given any sort of responsibility as he tends to shun it away.

At present, Pak can have an ODI captain in Shahid Afridi. As for the Tests, well its a tough choice as neither Kamran not Afridi can hold their places in the side. Maybe they could settle for a bowler in the form of Gul or so.

It was Younis who held back Umar Gul for 4 over spells at the death instead of letting him bowl with the new ball. Younis was very innovative with his field settings and kept himself in important positions, and fielded well in those positions. His captaincy did play a big role.

It was actually Malik at the 1st T20 World Cup. I agree with ya on the rest!

I thought Younis Khan came up with it? Hmm, oh well, Malik's a pretty good skipper then :p

I think Misbah ul Haq could have made a very good captain but the problem is he's not good enough to play test cricket but he's a fantastic ODI player. Boom Boom is the right man tbh but I really don't think he will play test cricket before 2011 World Cup so this really is a dilemma for PCB.

I wouldn't say Misbah he is a good when we don't need him and the major problem is that he doesn't score when our lineup is in trouble. That's his huge problem and I wouldn't say he is a fantastic ODI player he is okay, and like I said before he won't score when we actually need him in ODIs as well.

Considering some other hacks they had in the middle order he isn't such a bad option, not to mention the spin he offers.

Butt
Farhat
Younis
Yousuf
Akmal
Afridi *
Akmal +
Aamer
Gul
Kaneria
Asif

Really can't disagree with this, Afridi can open if we need him as well and I think that he can provide that aggressive middle order batsmen that we might need in case we have an opportunity for a large score. Plus, he is a very good wicket taker and he can break partnerships at the right moment if you look at the Australia Series that Hussey/Siddle partnership should have been broken, Afridi could have broken that partnership with his ability. Also, I think that a lot of youngsters look up to Afridi because he is a very good leader and has the skills to win

Last edited:
Afridi is the clear choice for ODI captaincy. He is a natural leader and spurs the team just like Yonus do. But Afridi is also loved by the nation, which does not allow other players to revolt against him easily. He bucks up the youngsters, is aupportive of the seniors and is electric in the field. That is the need of the hour.

Can't see Salman Butt any place near... will give him albi to run everyone out... (He wasn't scoring fast so I ran him out)

Kamran Akmal may become the captain of the test side if he can just concentrate on his keeping....

Maybe 7 years down the line Umar Akmal :hpraise :hpraise

and then 12 years Mohd. Aamer :hpraise:hpraise

Atm, I pity the recent pakistani captains. They were sacked if pakistan lost a series in his captaincy. This is really bad imo. Pcb is playing with their player. If they don't have certain skipper, how can the players play if one each orders one.? One permanent for me is shoaib malik, who nearly won the world cup to pakistan but it was the last ball, which changed the result of the series.

At least Afridi would bring a welcome fresh approach to the captaincy, he is so vibrant in th field, that has to rub off on his teamates.

At present, Pak can have an ODI captain in Shahid Afridi. As for the Tests, well its a tough choice as neither Kamran not Afridi can hold their places in the side. Maybe they could settle for a bowler in the form of Gul or so.

Afridi retired from Test anyway. But the state of the Pakistan side, surely they could find a spot for him.

Users who are viewing this thread