Pakistan to name new captain

How about Butt? He seems pretty chirpy in the field, good batsman, plenty of experience, 'decent' fielder....

How about Butt? He seems pretty chirpy in the field, good batsman, plenty of experience, 'decent' fielder....

Butt doesn't have the opening spot on lock. He has played well since returning to the team but he did that once before too and fell off again. Also he doesn't have the respect that Afridi, Younis and Yousuf have.

But the thing is, Afridi and Younis aren't in the team now.

Hmm, hope this gets resolved quickly.

But the thing is, Afridi and Younis aren't in the team now.

Hmm, hope this gets resolved quickly.

Well I think Afridi said that he was available for tests just before this Aussie test series started. Younis will be back in the test team whenever Pakistan plays tests next.

If Younis is made captain again, no one except Afridi will be assured of their place in the playing XI once they fail in one or two matches. This is where is he's so bad, he doesn't have the confidence in his players just like Yousuf but his tactics on the field aren't that bad.

I always thought Malik was a good Captain. He was building into the role nicely, and during his time, Pakistan were even somewhat competitive. They got to the Final of the T20 WC, and they were competitive against us, as we beat them 3-2 only just.

I wouldn't say Misbah he is a good when we don't need him and the major problem is that he doesn't score when our lineup is in trouble. That's his huge problem and I wouldn't say he is a fantastic ODI player he is okay, and like I said before he won't score when we actually need him in ODIs as well.

Wasn't Misbah averaging 50ish in his last 10 ODIs before Younis dropped him in the Sri Lanka ODIs? And I can't believe that the Pakistani fans criticised him so much for that hit wicket in the Champions Trophy, that was too harsh imo.

Malik would be a pretty good candidate. Brilliant fielder, good batsman, handy bowler, calm player and a good leader.

Only thing is, he's just made it back into the side. You'd want someone who's got some form under his belt.

I think Afridi is the best pick because he has been playing international cricket for past 13-14 years.He is a very exciting batsmen,a brilliant bowler and he is always at his toes while in the field.I think he was made captain for a couple of T20s and did very well there.
He can be a good leader if given a chance..

Malik would be a pretty good candidate. Brilliant fielder, good batsman, handy bowler, calm player and a good leader.

Only thing is, he's just made it back into the side. You'd want someone who's got some form under his belt.

Again, he should never have been dropped from the ODI side, he was Pakistan's best ODI batsman under pressure when he was the captain. He can bat at any position in ODIs from 1-6 plus adds a bit to the bowling.

Younis :facepalm

Woh, Woh Woh!!!

Malik should not have ever been captain. At the time he was captain he wasnt something special, couldnt seem to inspire the team around, and didnt seem to have the respect the captain deserves. True he got Pakistan to the World Cup final at the start but Younis won it for us. The only thing good about his captaincy tenure was his own form.

I would opt for Afridi as the only contender.

but I would love to see Umar leading the side. This would be a surprising decision but BCCI had done it two years before as dhoni.
He was also an youngster and was batting brilliantly.

Last edited:
^^ Dhoni still had more experience as compared to Umar. Its only been like 9 months since he came

Why not Shoaib Malik ? What was wrong with his captaincy in the first place ? In fact,it was Malik who managed to pick up the broken pieces of the team after the 2007 WC and build them up again.
After a bad showing against Srl, if you are gonna change and chop captains like potatoes and onions,what else do you expect.
Malik showed a lot of maturity and handled people well. Also,one must remember that Malik accepted the job after their Yunus turned it down as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread