Pakistan to name new captain

Is Afridi playing tests ATM? If not, how can they make him a test captain when he is not playing tests? Younis should be given captaincy in tests and Afridi should be brought back into test cricket and then after playing a series or two, switch over to Afridi as captain. Younis has just taken a break from tests, he is going to be back for the next
series.

Make Afridi captain of the ODI and T20 teams. Or make Malik the captain of the test team and Afridi for the shorter formats.

I'd suggest we bring back Inzi :p

People Afridi retired from Tests for a fortnight or so. As soon as he announced his retirement, the coach and the players talked to him and if IIRC he decided to un-retire himself :p

This new captain talk is "rubbish talk".

Mohammas Yousuf is safe as Pakistan's Test and one-day captain, the nation's cricket boss said. PCB chairman Ijaz Butt described reports that he had ordered Yousuf to be removed as skipper after the tour to Australia as ''rubbish talk''. ''I said Afridi will be captain after the one-dayers with the Twenty20 team [for the match at the MCG], then Afridi will be captain in England [where Pakistan plays two Twenty20s], then we have the Twenty20 World Cup where Afridi will be captain,'' he said.

South Australia's star signing Shahid Afridi | IPL row

Yousuf is doin well... Although Pakistan losing... But if Afridi is selected for Tests... He should be given.. He and U.Akmal are the only players who are performing

^Umar Akmal isn't performing. He played kinda well last night and that's was his highest score of the summer - 59... And all he was doing was trying to play EVERY ball from Hauritz/Clarke through first slip. He'll learn.

I like Yousuf, but he doesn't seem to get much help. I don't rate Intikhab as a strategist, nor Yousuf really, and he seems alone out on the field. It was refreshing seeing Afridi help set his own fields and Rana too in this series. I think they should have kept Geoff Lawson longer just to bring some new ideas and a more attacking mindet, but I guess it's always going to be a tough job for a non-Pakistani to coach.

Users who are viewing this thread