Pakistan to name new captain

Didn't Kiwis made someone captain in his debut match?

Pakistan should find someone like that :p

Who was that person ?

But Afridi nearly defended a target of around 200, while Yousuf with over 250 runs didn't even come close.

If Afridi was captain in the first game, we probably could have won - he has a certain spark or energy about him, which galvanizes all the other players.

I disagree. This side wanted to prove that they were not yet out and wanted to avoid embarrassment. Afridi captaining the first game could have culminated in a similar reuslt ,i.e 4-0

LOL and he topped alll the previous 1

he thought, he will get caught, so might as well do it big.

It wouldnt have been funnier, if he tried to deny it, or boycott the match like Inzi

LOL and he topped alll the previous 1

he thought, he will get caught, so might as well do it big.

It wouldnt have been funnier, if he tried to deny it, or boycott the match like Inzi

In Inzi's match ball was not tempered at all and was proved also so no sense of comparing this ████ with that Harper's ████.

You could feel a bit more energy on the field with Afridi, you saw them actually get into a huddle with Afridi trying to rev the team up, don't remember seeing that all summer. But when you start eating cricket balls you got problems, and given this isn't his only incident Afridi might not be the best captain after all. Hes got the tactical side sorted but these brain explosions aren't what you want from a captain.

Here's my concern with Afridi: he talks too much on field. Good when you've got momentum, if you're struggling not so much. If I were bowling, I'd tell him to shut up and let me bowl.

He's a little like Michael Clarke that way and the thing that would concern me with Afridi is that he'd try to interfere too much, constantly changing fields and being in the bowlers ear. That's been my concern with Clarke too - you can be too enthusiastic sometimes.

Players seem to like him though so that's a good start as opposed to some of their previous captains.

Here's my concern with Afridi: he talks too much on field. Good when you've got momentum, if you're struggling not so much. If I were bowling, I'd tell him to shut up and let me bowl.
Funny, to me that is the best aspect of his captaincy and something he is miles ahead of Yousef with. Talk in the field is crucial something Pakistan doesn't do enough of compared to teams like S Africa, Australia etc.

^^^^ Apparently the hurdles are too show that we are united.

Afridi is the obvious choice as a captain, although a report came out as PCB may appoint a younger one. We could go with Butt as VC or bring in Yousef as one to "Calm Afridi in his mad moments" :p

Users who are viewing this thread