Pakistan tour of Australia and New Zealand 2023/24

noducksallowed

Club Captain
It is not a stereotypical take when you take into account what I just said.

While I said the least controversial Pakistan cricket has been is in the last two years including their performances under Misbah too Pakistan cricket was controversial. Here is an article where Misbah himself talks about it.

I am in no way saying things cannot be stable or Pakistan was not winning. I am talking about the culture of how Pakistan cricket has been. If you do not see that, you are blindsided and misguided conception.

Also this in no way talks about how players behave on field, my point is that Pakistan Cricket has always been in turmoil, its nothing new. Players still find a way out of this turmoil to win and do everything they can to keep fans and cricket alive.

That's a poor example. Th article is from 2011, just a year after the post fixing debacle.

Pakistan's prime years under Misbah would not come about till a year later at least and Pakistan's best period in test cricket for a long long time would be around 2012-2018 if memory serves me correct. So much so in fact that during the England tests that took place in that time, the comms reflected on how weird it was to have a series without controversy lol

I get it, you're trying but it's not working. It's a stereotypical, lazy take...much like the "mercurial Pakistan" myth.

This is my final statement on this as we will move on to discuss the test series at hand.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That's a poor example. Th article is from 2011, just a year after the post fixing debacle.

Pakistan's prime years under Misbah would not come about till a year later at least and Pakistan's best period in test cricket for a long long time would be around 2012-2018 if memory serves me correct. So much so in fact that during the England tests that took place in that time, the comms reflected on how weird it was to have a series without controversy lol

I get it, you're trying but it's not working. It's a stereotypical, lazy take...much like the "mercurial Pakistan" myth.

This is my final statement on this as we will move on to discuss the test series at hand.
While you can move on and call this stereotypical, it does not change the fact. What you are not understanding is the players performances are not the one that is questioned, it is how Pakistan Cricket is run that is questioned and controversial. I dont have to try anything for it to work as I dont give a rats ass, I was posting my opinion on how its run just like how others post here. Again if you dont believe that I once again dont care, that is your opinion but deep down everyone knows.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I don;t see the results being any different than an Aussie white wash. Pakistan is in tatters and Shan Masood's 1st appointment as captain could very well be his last. Australia is a tough place to tour and given that the Aussies are on an all-time high with the Ashes, World Cup and all- I simply can't fathom how Pakistan will win this, unless they somehow channel the spirit of Rahane here.

For Australia, a depleted line up is also worth it, given their summer really doesn't have any competition. Pakistan might stretch a few games till Day 5- but the same cannot be said of the West Indies here.

One more thing I feel- CA should have organized a triangular ODI series between the Pak & WI Test series.

noducksallowed

Club Captain

People forget how good Rahanes captaincy was in that series, losing KOhli was a blessing in disguise lol

Pakistan can't be competitive on captaincy alone though, they need a lot of players to step up, India had that because there was a good mix of experience in the side, versus an Aussie set up slightly on the slide.

Now we have a situation where Pakistan are still looking for their best XI versus possibly the most settled test side on the planet and current WTC holders.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Masood got a double century, hopefully he can carry his form onwards. The rest need to stop tickling balls down the leg-side

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
People forget how good Rahanes captaincy was in that series, losing KOhli was a blessing in disguise lol
True! He was a natural leader and its a real pity he never led India in a full time capacity. As much as I like Rohit,I feel he isn't the right Test skipper for the team.

For Pakistan, Masood's double is a blessing, but I fear it is going to be a scenario similar to the 1990s where one man stood tall whereas the rest fell like a pack of cards.

noducksallowed

Club Captain
True! He was a natural leader and its a real pity he never led India in a full time capacity. As much as I like Rohit,I feel he isn't the right Test skipper for the team.

For Pakistan, Masood's double is a blessing, but I fear it is going to be a scenario similar to the 1990s where one man stood tall whereas the rest fell like a pack of cards.

Australia is a bit of a test batting paradise these days and I'm not sure if Pakistan prep for Australia correctly and instead have the myth of extreme pace and bounce on their minds. 2016 (I think it was) was a competitive series because they got their middle order batting well and its the best they have done down under since the days of Imran.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Optus Stadium will be a bit spicy for sure. Don’t expect the MCG and SCG to do a lot though.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Optus Stadium will be a bit spicy for sure. Don’t expect the MCG and SCG to do a lot though.
Yeah Canberra is a bad practice match venue for playing in Perth. Also I don’t know why you would go with Khurram Shehzad and Amir Jamal over Hasan Ali and Wasim Jr

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I didn't know Jr was even in the squad. And I assume the reason is that Jamal, Shehzad and Hamza are all auditioning for the 3rd pacer role alongside Shaheen and Hasan

Yeah this is SOP to finalise who the third pacer should be before a test series.

Wonder who would you guys opt for.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I didn't know Jr was even in the squad. And I assume the reason is that Jamal, Shehzad and Hamza are all auditioning for the 3rd pacer role alongside Shaheen and Hasan
I read somewhere that Hamza was likely to be replaced by Shaheen, and the other two would play in Perth. So was just going with that assumption

Users who are viewing this thread