Pakistani Legends 07 Team Thread

Who should be the next Captain + Manger of PL???

• Treva

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Zmario

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My offer still stands.

@ zMario: Sorry, but that is slightly racist :p
@ Zoahib: The TT Lions have mopped the floor with you too a couple of times, and same with Briggs.
And how do you intend on winning without bribing? Don't use all that 'play hard and try our best' crap, cause I know that the matches are actually decided beforehand according to who sends Siddarth the best Candied Pineapples...

And I don't blame ya Tassie. Why do you think your last cheque bounced? The PS2 version of The Weakest Link cost a fortune...

I'm changing to a pure batsman at the end of the season, so you can slot me in #3

And scorpion has never been in this thread or forum, kick him out

Oh, and I thought of something - treva isn't a Pakistani (not being racist) but I think a Pakistani should be captain of the Pakistani Legends

By the way, as I see it now, the poll looks even...

Bilal and Briggs are just bits and pieces players, drop them, lets see our performance
:eek: Over half the active members of this thread arent Pakistani so I dont think thats appropriate somehow!

I also dont see why your changing from pure bowl to pure bat? We need you as a bowler, so why change? Its fair enough that the A/R are changing to pure, but whats the reasoning behind yours?

And out of interest, you say me and Bilal should be dropped, who would replace us? Same for scorpion, we dont have a replacement WK.

The poll does not really matter now, treva is temporary captain until the end of the season, then come the end of the season, a new poll will be created and all candidates will get a chance, rather than just the two of you.

As I see it it's 8-6 :rolleyes:

And anyway thanks for the team Briggs, I would like to see Pak_Cricketer's and Zmario's team also. I think that Zmario can change to a batsman if he wishes but we would have to sign up a bowler and seeing as Voldemort wants to change to a bowler and travder could also there is no real alert for the need of bowlers unless we don't sign any bowlers in the off-season...

As I see it it's 8-6 :rolleyes:

And anyway thanks for the team Briggs, I would like to see Pak_Cricketer's and Zmario's team also. I think that Zmario can change to a batsman if he wishes but we would have to sign up a bowler and seeing as Voldemort wants to change to a bowler and travder could also there is no real alert for the need of bowlers unless we don't sign any bowlers in the off-season...
I thought Voldy had already changed to pure bowl?

Our main priorities for next season are to bring in a keeper-batsman, and a couple more bowlers and batsmen. With the amount of players on their way out, we are set for a lot of draft picks so we must use them well.

No I don't think anyone can change mid-season. Because otherwise we would have to let the guys in charge know. Also yes we need a replacement for current keeper and we need around 2 opening bats and 2 opening bowls at least.

well if we will have a heap of bowlers, and need batsmen and WK as well, i guess i could be a WK instead of bowler? lol...

No I don't think anyone can change mid-season. Because otherwise we would have to let the guys in charge know. Also yes we need a replacement for current keeper and we need around 2 opening bats and 2 opening bowls at least.
No Voldy put in his offer to change at the start of the season, he told Bilal. As far as the new players go, I think next season Voldy will play more, especially with zMario wanting to change, so himself and you can open the bowling with PC coming on first change. We have Hawkas as our spin option, and id say we need another quickie and another spinner to go with them (especially if Travder does want to become a WK)

Our batting department needs the most looking into seen as we will be loosing the bulk of it. Myself and Zain can open, but im not entirely sure on Zain's activeness so another batsman willing to open is a possibility there. Then we have Blazer, scorpion and Bilal all out of the lineup. We need a number 3, someone capable of holding it together if we loose an early wicket, Nobz has been there and not really done well after some promise so id be happier with him at 5. zMario has offered but im not entirely sure if id want him there especially after just changing from pure bowl to bat and im sure he would do better down the order at 6 or 7. Travder could slot in at 4 if he becomes a WK-Bat and practically take the role scorpion had, but a number 3 is our priority as well as a backup bat too.

1.zainawan89
2.Briggsey
4.Travder92
5.Nobz11
6.zMario
8.Pak_Cricketer
9.Hawkas
10.Voldemort
11.treva
What do we want at 7? Playing 5 pure bowlers leaves us with a long tail, but playing 7 pure bats leaves only 4 bowlers to take 20 wickets, so do we need an A/R slotting in there?

Last edited:
yes that sounds pretty good. My XI as it stands for next season would be:

1. (new batsman)
2. Briggs
3. (new batsman)
4. Zmario (if he changes)
5. Travder (if he changes)
6. (new batsman)
7. (new A/R)
8. Pak_Cricketer
9. Voldemort
10. treva
11. (new bowler)

Then we have Nobz there ready to come in if he can be active. I think we can have a longish tail because we will have mainly pure batsman.

1.zainawan [Because of Average]
2.scorpion_rulezz (Wk) [Because of Average]
3.Bilal91 [From the books of Woolmer]
4.nobz11 [Batsman]
5.The Blazer [Batsman]
6.muhammed_Inzi [Batsman]
7.Briggsey [Last Hope or Batting]
8.Hawkas [Bowled well and batted well]
9.Pak_Cricketer [Me]
10.treva (C)
11.zmario (VC)

Heres my FC Team.

Thanks for your view on what the current team should look like. Zohaib, do you have any views on how the team should line-up next season? And what type of players you would like to see into the team...

well if need be i will definatly change too WK is scorpian_rulz is dropped.

If he stays, then i will go as Pure Bat or bowler, depending on what the other AR choose.

Zain is active, trust me, he reads everything here on PC and posts a lot in the BT forum. Talks a lot over MSN too. But he has UNI now, so unless it is his holidays, he won't be able to find time to post. But he hasn't forgotten or given up, rest assured.

Also Briggs, you talking about being VC

If you truely want a change in the team, the entire administration of a team needs a major overhaul, so that includes you going from the vice captaincy ;)

Anyway, I think its fairly certain that either me or treva will be captain and/or vice captain

Also Briggs, you talking about being VC

If you truely want a change in the team, the entire administration of a team needs a major overhaul, so that includes you going from the vice captaincy ;)

Anyway, I think its fairly certain that either me or treva will be captain and/or vice captain
Pak_Cricketer might have something to say about that!

And with regards to the Vice captaincy, I wouldnt say there has been any major problems with the way ive gone about it, perhaps more often than not ive been captain and I dont think anyone can say ive done a bad job! If it wasnt for me the team selections for most games nor the new additions we brought in would never have been sorted!

I am happy to continue until the end of the season, unless treva says otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread