Pakistan's greatest Cricketer

Who is/was the greatest Pakistani Cricketer?

• Total voters
nightprowler10 said:
Asif has shown his true class in test matches, the form of cricket that really matters. Even if he goes wicketless today, it really wouldn't matter to me, as I am more inclined to care about test matches. Munaf is a good prospect for India, but in the past few months, Asif has been in the spotlight ever since his 10-wicket haul against England. And as far as the ODIs go, you do know that Munaf has yet to take a wicket in this form of the game, right? And his ER is well above 5. Atleast Asif knows how to keep the runs low for the most part.

Class?? Does class comes so cheap these days??

Its a rule in test cricket that a bowler cannot be judge on the basis of his performance unless he has played a minimum of 20 test matches!! All your judgement of Asif are premature and as such is incorrect.Class is something that is suppose to be a permanent thing, how can one label someone a class act on the basis of just three matches??

Also your claim that Munaf is a good prospect since few months while Asif has been good since his ten wkts haul against England is a LAUGH!
Players are judge from the basis of their performance in the NUMBER of test matches and not from a certain time period.Asif's ten wkt haul was in a side match(against Eng) so it cannot even be considered.All Asif has done is he has had 3 good test match, and that's all!

And the reason i mentioned that Asif went wicketless, was in retaliation to your remark that "Asif stole thunder from Munaf".Got it??He certainly cannot have stolen in India-Pak test(in which Munaf ddidn't play) or Pak-Sl Test match!!

And yesterday we saw how Asif got thrased for 18 runs in just one over by Yuvraj singh..that 18 runs put enormous pressure on Pakistan, and ultimately cost them the match.Asif sure know how to keep the runs low, just how he will further get expose when he will play more.

usy said:
I can see a good Indian bowler was wicketless yesterday, um.. does that make Irfan Pathan bad?, Asif is a good bowler and that a not a opinion, as someone thinks I say Farhat is a Legend but that is a opinion of what I think.

The reason as to why i poited out Asif being wkts was not to say that he's a bad bowler (i have mentioned it previously).

Asif is good, and so are Sreesanth ,Irfan Pathan and Munaf, and yes these are opinions.

usy said:
as someone thinks I say Farhat is a Legend but that is a opinion of what I think.

Thats "blasphemy"!!

If not on the cricket field, Farhat is a legendary opening allrounder on this website.And if not for anything else, just his "wicket throwing" skills are universally appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread