Pakistan's greatest Cricketer

Who is/was the greatest Pakistani Cricketer?

• Total voters
SA87 said:
I can name 20 Indian bowlers that are/were better than Asif, and Asif is said to be the best ever Pak cricketer.
leave 20, name 6 Indian Fast bowlers better then Asif.

nightprowler10 said:
Go ahead, name twenty that had statistically better starts to their careers than Asif.

What does better start means?? it means nothing otherwise Ajit Agarkar should be recognized as the greatest ever fast bowler for a great start, or Ali Naqvi should be labelled as the best ever opener by Pakistan.

NOTE:_I retaliated to comment that "AS_IF" is the greatest ever player from pak and not to "As-IF" has the best ever start.!!

Here are some of the Indian bowlers (pacers and spinners) that are/were better and more accomplished than "As-IF"

1Dev
2Srinath
3Bedi
4Kumble
5Prassana
6Chandershekar
7Prabharkar
8Irfan Khan Pathan
9Maninder Singh
10Shashtri
11Shivaramakrishnan
12Harbhajan
13Naridra Hirwani

SA87 said:
What does better start means?? it means nothing otherwise Ajit Agarkar should be recognized as the greatest ever fast bowler for a great start, or Ali Naqvi should be labelled as the best ever opener by Pakistan.

NOTE:_I retaliated to comment that "AS_IF" is the greatest ever player from pak and not to "As-IF" has the best ever start.!!

Here are some of the Indian bowlers (pacers and spinners) that are/were better and more accomplished than "As-IF"

1Dev
2Srinath
3Bedi
4Kumble
5Prassana
6Chandershekar
7Prabharkar
8Irfan Khan Pathan
9Maninder Singh
10Shashtri
11Shivaramakrishnan
12Harbhajan
13Naridra Hirwani

you froget to add ashish nehra, balaji, and sheetal sharma ;)

SA87, please stop with BS. Its not even in the right forum!
This thread is meant for Pakistani players.

Wow, I didn't you had that little knowledge of cricket. Comparing spinners to a medium pacer?

Btw, thats still 13, and many of them are not even that good.

nightprowler10 said:
Wow, I didn't you had that little knowledge of cricket. Comparing spinners to a medium pacer?

Btw, thats still 13, and many of them are not even that good.

Can you read properly??

I NEVER intended to compare pacers of two country.Somone said that "As-IF" happen to be the greatest ever Pak cricketer (greater than all the batsmen,bowlers and AR that they have produced) and i retaliated by saying that if thats a case then i came name 20 bowlers that were better than Asif.

In this thread you are suppose to compare batsmen (e.g Miandad) with bowlers (Waseem).How have you been doing that till now, any idea????

Muhammad Asif said:
you froget to add ashish nehra, balaji, and sheetal sharma ;)

AS IF they weren't better than "As-IF"

This is turning into a pointless discussion, btw, like I said before, that's still 13, and I still don't think all 13 of them are/were better than Asif.

Btw, in this thread you are supposed to compare which player has had the greatest effect on Pakistan cricket, had incredible stats, and won Pakistan matches. It doesn't matter if they're bowlers or batsmen. What you should've done, if you disagreed with the statement that Asif isn't the greatest (like me), is just ignore the troll that made the claim instead of making ridiculous comments yourself.

SA87 said:

1Dev
2Srinath
3Bedi
4Kumble
5Prassana
6Chandershekar
7Prabharkar
8Irfan Khan Pathan
9Maninder Singh
10Shashtri
11Shivaramakrishnan
12Harbhajan
13Naridra Hirwani
You certainly don't wont me to start that race here, ohh Indian people started making their spinners fast bowlers, strange, If not then your clearly an Idiot. And if you don't want to follow the thread rules, do it else where.

nightprowler10 said:
if you disagreed with the statement that Asif isn't the greatest (like me), is just ignore the troll that made the claim instead of making ridiculous comments yourself.

How is the comment ridiculous tell me? I pointed out the fact that Asif hasn't achieved anything yet and that there have been 20 bowlers in India alone that were/are better than him.Whether you like it or not its true, to think that Asif in his brief 4 test match period has already achieved more than most of the Indian or Pakistani bowlers is plain bizzare.

[edit:abuse]

SA87 said:
How is the comment ridiculous tell me? I pointed out the fact that Asif hasn't achieved anything yet and that there have been 20 bowlers in India alone that were/are better than him.Whether you like it or not its true, to think that Asif in his brief 4 test match period has already achieved more than most of the Indian or Pakistani bowlers is plain bizzare.
I think you have me mistaken with somebody who thinks Asif is the greatest. I don't. He has yet to prove himself, and I've said that before. But I also don't agree that all the bowlers you mentioned were better than him. I said to list 20 that had a better start than Asif because thats all he's had, a start to his career. I do think its ridiculous to bring Indian bowlers into a discussion about who Pakistan's greatest cricketer is.

You seem to despise Asif (calling him as-if? how clever..), probably because he has stolen all the thunder from your lovely Munaf, that's all.

nightprowler10 said:
I think you have me mistaken with somebody who thinks Asif is the greatest. I don't. He has yet to prove himself, and I've said that before. But I also don't agree that all the bowlers you mentioned were better than him. I said to list 20 that had a better start than Asif because thats all he's had, a start to his career. I do think its ridiculous to bring Indian bowlers into a discussion about who Pakistan's greatest cricketer is.

As i have poited out earlier a "great start" means nothing.We have an example of Ajit Agarkar who had a GREAT START, had a record of taking the fastest ever 50 wkts in OD yet he failed to even establish himself!! Ali Naqvi, Pakistani opener, is another example, he scored a ton against one of the best bowling attack (SA) yet lost his way. Mohd Zahid, had a great start for Pakistan too but later lost his way.Narindra Hirwani had one of best ever test figures yet played little for India.Comparing different players with "great Start" means nothing!

The reason i mentioned Indians was just to indicate as to where Asif stand in the region, which happens to be no where, i.e at present.

The last time i checked Asif didn't do anything great (went wicketless) so your remark that he stole thunder from Munaf is wierd.But i guess going wktless is also an achievement these days in Pak cricket.

nightprowler10 said:
Btw, in this thread you are supposed to compare which player has had the greatest effect on Pakistan cricket.

Going back to the original debate, i think Imran Khan and after that Miandad had the greatest effect on Pakistan cricket.

Akram too had an equally great effect on Pakistan cricket, but that was mostly a negative and potentially harmful effect.

SA87 said:
The last time i checked Asif didn't do anything great (went wicketless) so your remark that he stole thunder from Munaf is wierd.But i guess going wktless is also an achievement these days in Pak cricket.
Asif has shown his true class in test matches, the form of cricket that really matters. Even if he goes wicketless today, it really wouldn't matter to me, as I am more inclined to care about test matches. Munaf is a good prospect for India, but in the past few months, Asif has been in the spotlight ever since his 10-wicket haul against England. And as far as the ODIs go, you do know that Munaf has yet to take a wicket in this form of the game, right? And his ER is well above 5. Atleast Asif knows how to keep the runs low for the most part.

I can see a good Indian bowler was wicketless yesterday, um.. does that make Irfan Pathan bad?, Asif is a good bowler and that a not a opinion, as someone thinks I say Farhat is a Legend but that is a opinion of what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread