Part Timers union

Wow Strauss got 2 pretty good players out. Maybe he should do a little more bowling.

Ganguly is the best part timer currently.

By such a long way its not even funny. I've never seen him take tailend wickets. He picks up proper batsmen when most needed.

Part timers normally do take top order wickets as they are normally only used to break top order partnerships that have been going for ages.

Ganguly, i've always classed as an all rounder.
Strauss doesn't like bowling ,when he bowled 1 over against Zimbabwe in 2004, he just made the entire England team laugh!
He said that if England need him to bowl again, they'll be in trouble.

1) Who's the Monk?

2) If what Sachin has been bowling this series is the norm, then he is an awful 'part timer'.

For me the the bowlers are in the team to take wickets, yes use part timers, but only in times of desperation, ie, like 400-2, etc
:eek:
How dare you offend the Monk!
Viru

And Sachin has bowled rubbish this season, but usually he is a lot better. He bowled well in the tests.

And Collingwood is an allrounder. No doubt about it.

I do, it makes the batsman think 'Oh well, we're 298-0, let's slog this wicket keeper...straight to the fielder'

Look at today, Owais Shah bowls, 2 overs, none for 8, while at the other end, Yuvraj is out!
And Owais Shah has wicket now!

I rest my case.

Users who are viewing this thread