Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

In “red ball” cricket with seamers I’ve had a roughly equal number of edges to keeper/slip, caught elsewhere and bowled, I would say, with lbw and run outs less common. Seems fairly realistic to me!

Hmmm, ive had 1 bowled in about 260 overs. 4 lbws, 5 run outs a bunch of edges and a few caught around square leg mid wicket and point

Having following the thread, reading the posts, watching the videos,,,some getting edges, run outs, lbw and some not getting those,,,,I can safely say, the game balances well and it all depends how one plays.

I'm still awaiting my copy though, it's in transit, might get it tomorrow

Hmmm, ive had 1 bowled in about 260 overs. 4 lbws, 5 run outs a bunch of edges and a few caught around square leg mid wicket and point
What settings are you using? I’m on Veteran/medium - tending to find that the ball swinging in to the left hander (I’m LFM) through the gate is what is getting people out bowled. Right handers I’ve had more success pushing it across for the outside edge to third slip/gully - not unrealistic for a club bowler to be fair.

What settings are you using? I’m on Veteran/medium - tending to find that the ball swinging in to the left hander (I’m LFM) through the gate is what is getting people out bowled. Right handers I’ve had more success pushing it across for the outside edge to third slip/gully - not unrealistic for a club bowler to be fair.
I use Legend/Hard settings, playing Ashes mode. Maybe the skill level of the batters has a lot to do with the frequency of bowleds

Maybe the skill level of the batters has a lot to do with the frequency of bowleds

I say yes 100%.

I played Ireland using West Indies, pro AI/easy bowl and bowled out 5 batters, 2 off pace and 3 off spin.

Same AI and bowl settings and I have played as NZ vs India two times and I cannot hit the stumps against any of their excellent batters. I sneaked a couple balls past them but they were just wide of off stump.

Also for whatever reason, and this might just be down to being gun shy as a user against India, but my bowling deliveries were consistently much more bodyline vs India. I really struggled to find that golden just offstump line.

Hi Everyone,

We just put live another update to the PS4 version of Ashes Cricket, this resolves the issues with the previous 1.04 update with dismissals not being registered correctly.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and reports of the issue.

This update contains everything that was included in the 1.04 update, so those notes again are as follows:

- Additional photogrammetry for English players
- Added static camera options
- Adjusted crease positioning to spinners
- Adjusted non-striker reactions
- Adjusted display time of ball marker online
- Adjusted timing of return to crease after shots
- Restructured statistics calculations
- Rectification of various anomalies

Thanks again, and apologies for the issues with the previous update.
Thanks a lot for the patch

Having following the thread, reading the posts, watching the videos,,,some getting edges, run outs, lbw and some not getting those,,,,I can safely say, the game balances well and it all depends how one plays.

I'm still awaiting my copy though, it's in transit, might get it tomorrow

Where the hell did you source a Physical Disk from in South Africa .

Keen to know mate.

I say yes 100%.

I played Ireland using West Indies, pro AI/easy bowl and bowled out 5 batters, 2 off pace and 3 off spin.

Same AI and bowl settings and I have played as NZ vs India two times and I cannot hit the stumps against any of their excellent batters. I sneaked a couple balls past them but they were just wide of off stump.

Also for whatever reason, and this might just be down to being gun shy as a user against India, but my bowling deliveries were consistently much more bodyline vs India. I really struggled to find that golden just offstump line.
I agree, you get certain batsmen where you start moving away from that off stump line because they’re just driving you ball after ball, but others seem fairly prone to missing it completely.

I wonder whether the step up from Veteran to Legend also has an impact on that (you would sort of hope it does, but that’s not to say a high rated bowler shouldn’t still be able to get decent wickets).

All I can say from my experience is that most of my bowleds feel like genuine wickets (i.e. just sneaking through the gate or beating the batsman for swing or pace) rather than the AI playing down Piccadilly when the ball’s on Bakerloo. The fact I am also getting edges to third/fourth slip is also encouraging as it suggests the batsman is getting pretty close to the ball but not perfect every time. There is merit in trying different tactics and difficulties with the different players in this game, I think, there’s a good contest to be had in it somewhere.

Will broadcast batting camera in nets and ground training be available in nextpatch
Outfielders to close incidence rope
Option missing up normal back
Ai not takingsingles

Yep. Hoping since they have done a really good job of making these 1v1 matchups between batter and bowler feel like they matter much more with who is facing who, that they patch in being able to pick an AI batter to bowl to and an AI bowler to deliver to your batter in the Training Ground.

I really want to be able to bowl over and over again to Pujara for example.

Or pull in some legends and spend awhile trying to bat off Warne with Viv Richards.

To me that is exactly what training should be.

This would also allow us to lab things like can you get edges off a mid level club batsman with a top tier bowler? You could test the rates it takes to bowl an elite batsman vs a low rank batsman.

Isolating the 1v1 matchup in the training ground, which more or less is the core of cricket, would lead to some fascinating discoveries I believe.

Where the hell did you source a Physical Disk from in South Africa .

Keen to know mate.
Via Raru.com,,,,it has checked out of CPT warehouse and it's with the courier now

Game delivered :D

Attachments

• IMG_20171123_145159.jpg
    IMG_20171123_145159.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread