Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Sorr y to ask in this forum, but I am not getting an answer in other forums. How do I get the sepia filter for Matches? I just can't seem to find it. Help will be much appreciated.

Still a lot of catches going to the bowler on straight drives imo but better.
have you been able to hit grounded straight drives as in bounding of the pitch, if so how? a lot of catches going to bowler and a lot of drops too in that regard.It makes me feel like im cheating whenever im playing a straight drive that the bowler drops repeatedly.

3. Still doesn't show them all but you can bring up hawkeye at any time

Assuming you've got the PC version of the patch... Could you tell me if Hawkeye/Hotspot/Snicko come up after you appeal to the umpire but choose not to review it? For me that's one of the key things that's missing from that part. In real life they all put up the shouts, don't review it, and you get to see whether it was a good call after.

Judging by some of the issues reported with the PC version of the game, I think patch 2 will just be 'good looking'. Patch 3 should be the beautiful one.

Some of the issues are not "legit"....

Haven't been on here in ages. I haven't actually played much either. Very happy to hear about patch 2 on page 1. I unfortunately do not have the time to read the other 105 pages on this post. Is patch 2 not available yet? If I understand correctly they are waiting for approval and we have no idea when it will be available?

Just want to know if that is correct. Reminds me a bit of a certain release date hahaha.

Not yet: it was rejected first submission so they had to resubmit it. The thread title will be edited by a person in the know whenever there is any news: and I guess there'll be a thread for post-patch two bugs as well!

pc versions of any game will always have more issues due to the different pc os sytems/graphic cards etc that the game runs on

if there is indeed to be a patch 3 - which i think @Ross has confirmed - improving the amount of edges that the AI will get especially off defensive prods and drives is a major aspect for me. i bowled 101 overs getting carted for 584/6 in that and didn't get a single edge. i had 4 good seamers and there was visible swing, but they'd leave the ball or get a perfect middle on it. i had one bowled and one LBW both where they do the old "i'll just play the completely wrong line now for a laugh", and the other 4 were outfield catches.

now i was playing on legend level, and i'm not good enough to play on it, so i can understand getting carted around. but to bowl 101 overs, over 80 of which were seam and not get a single edge when as i say there was visible swing, is really a bit odd.

AI field setting also still needs a lot of work. it's much better (i've only played FC games so can't say for limited overs) in that they start with a couple of slips at least, but again you hit two singles in the same spot in an over and it'll be a slip that's moved to block it immediately. or two forward defensives and they remove a slip and put in a silly point... so by over 3 or 4 you can still end up with one or even no slips and the ring around the field.

those would be my two "must-fixes" for patch 3.

my suggestion to the coders would be to Ctrl-F and replace all "Alastair Cook" references in the AI Captaincy Code to "someone who understands Cricket tactics" - should improve things massively.

More edges and more defensive prods where the ball goes to short leg or silly point plus playing the short ball up in the air to them would make the game so much more realistic. I really hope it can be done.

More edges and more defensive prods where the ball goes to short leg or silly point plus playing the short ball up in the air to them would make the game so much more realistic. I really hope it can be done.

I am sure it can be done - guess its a balancing issue that needs further tweaking. PC version could get this anytime but Ross wanted gameplay changes to be same across all formats so probably have to wait for patch 3 (unless some clever bods access gameplay files on PC version beforehand :spy)

I am sure it can be done - guess its a balancing issue that needs further tweaking. PC version could get this anytime but Ross wanted gameplay changes to be same across all formats so probably have to wait for patch 3 (unless some clever bods access gameplay files on PC version beforehand :spy)

If they do so what are the thing they can modify??

Oh PLEASE some clever bods do this :yes

IMO gameplay balancing with respect to edges should be nailed on the PC version via frequent patches as it costs less to get the patch out and doesn't take forever for platform approvals. Once the gameplay balancing has reached goldilocks zone, it can be patched into consoles as patch 3, else Big Ant will waste precious resources (time & money) trying to push multiple patches on consoles trying to achieve what can be easily achieved on PC version first.

Edit: Hope @BigAntStudios follow this approach to gameplay balancing as it should be the quickest way to nailing gameplay than trying to get it done on all the platforms simultaneously.

Last edited:
If they do so what are the thing they can modify??

Obviously won't know until/unless someone can access files, but hopefully the files that control edge probability (perhaps different settings per skill level etc)?

Users who are viewing this thread