Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

The game just updated on steam, around 40mb. Any way to know what are the changes?

Bug fixes.
Texture availability for bails/balls
Copy to clipboard of user data in credit screen for easy paste.

Would it be possible in patch 3 to have separate difficulties for bowling and batting? i.e. i can bat on pro but bowl on veteran

Great post but sorry , default fields have been poor in every cricket game ever released :p

They were definitely much more realistic though more formulaic. In shorter formats you never got a field with more than 2 slips but the fields changed on the score batsman had. If you crossed 30, mid off & mid on would come in Tests, if you crossed 70, field would be spread etc. It was specific to the score batsman had rather than his strengths & weaknesses but the fields themselves were much more realistic.

What about in Ashes Cricket 2013?

Never played it - please boot up your copy and post some fields playing tests and one dayers ;)

They were definitely much more realistic though more formulaic. In shorter formats you never got a field with more than 2 slips but the fields changed on the score batsman had. If you crossed 30, mid off & mid on would come in Tests, if you crossed 70, field would be spread etc. It was specific to the score batsman had rather than his strengths & weaknesses but the fields themselves were much more realistic.

Not sure if still got game on pc? If I have will check it out as I altered default fields for my patches so couldn't be that good

The patch has done more bad than good to the game. In order to improve AI you guys have worsened it. Now even the 10th and 11th batsmen play like openers. They smack yorkers at 152k speed for six to 3rd man. Fielding as well has taken a big dent as the fielder now dont dive at all even though the ball is with in a couple of feet distance. I started my career for cricket Australia as a bowler all rounder. I got selected at English county and very close to get in IPL and my home team with 40,000 career points. But since I have installed the patch I am struggling big time in taking wickets, as mentioned above even the tailenders are smacking the ball for sixes. Please fix this as this is ruining the game for everyone.

The patch has done more bad than good to the game. In order to improve AI you guys have worsened it. Now even the 10th and 11th batsmen play like openers. They smack yorkers at 152k speed for six to 3rd man. Fielding as well has taken a big dent as the fielder now dont dive at all even though the ball is with in a couple of feet distance. I started my career for cricket Australia as a bowler all rounder. I got selected at English county and very close to get in IPL and my home team with 40,000 career points. But since I have installed the patch I am struggling big time in taking wickets, as mentioned above even the tailenders are smacking the ball for sixes. Please fix this as this is ruining the game for everyone.

"Everyone" is too broad in this context methinks.

Well I'm obviously not part of the "everyone" crowd... and on that note, time to go - see you all in the morning for another round of trying to fix this bloody Xbox!

But since I have installed the patch I am struggling big time in taking wickets, as mentioned above even the tailenders are smacking the ball for sixes. Please fix this as this is ruining the game for everyone.

We wanted a competitive AI, BigAnt gave one. Now if you want a competitive user to play that, BigAnt cannot give that - it should be you needing bit more practice/patience to compete hard enough with that AI! :thumbs

"Everyone" is too broad in this context methinks.

Well its no rocket science to figure that I meant majority. I am not saying that the patch is not good, what I'm saying is that AI competency should decrease by the batting order. The tail should play like tail and not like set batsmen. They should attack every other ball and not defending the ball with perfect foot work as in real cricket. Plus I have noticed that in career mode if you're an all rounder (balling) then sometimes you don't get to ball until the final overs, even though you've taken 3-4 wickets in the previous match. And in some match you don't ball at all. Can we get some consistency there?

I must admit the #9 ,10 & 11 hitting full pitched balls for 4 or 6 over slips heads down third man etc is annoying. But I'm sure that will be sorted once the really important xbox crashing stuff is fixed.

Dont think my dbc pc version has updated today on steam,there has been another update hasnt there?
How do i find out what version im running on steam,and if it hasnt updated how do i manually download the latest patch?
Thanks guys.

if the crashes are being worked on thats good news as its crashing every time I save it now without fail for the last 5 attempts :(

I love the improvements to the AI though which is so frustrating that it cant be played properly for me right now, Wish you guys luck finding a fix :)

Users who are viewing this thread