Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

i think the motm should be the "game changer". i am a cricketer myself and thats the way we decide the motm.

I just went to save and exit a casual t20 match and the game just froze will saving. never had this until after patch update @BigAntStudios. but other than that the game is much better thanks :):thumbs

I've seen a MOTM given to a fielder in a World Series match who effected like, 2 or 3 run-outs and some amazing catches, I think it was Jonty for memory so there's precedents set for a variety of factors in reality of which a game built on 1's and 0's can only replicate to the closest approximation, and I don't think there's ever going to be a situation where a computer is going to get that sort of interpretation right every time, that wouldn't be fun and it certainly wouldn't be cricket.

I guess in the future maybe giving the user the option to "award" MOTM themselves might be a solution to look at?

Im getting framerate issues on the PS3, when the bowler is about to ball the bowling HUD stutters when moving the RAS and LAS, any idea on how to fix this? Other than that great work guys :thumbs

I'm also facing frame rate issues. The bowler bowls, I hit a shot and I run. Now as I run there is a lag ... visuals are not smooth. There is frame rate issue. The rest looks fine.. so far the system hasn't hanged and I still have to try out the net practice or play a match in rain and figure out the d/l method decisions

Um, that's exactly what it is.

No. Theft involves a change of "ownership". If I steal your car, you don't have your car anymore.

From that perspective, a standard license agreement is closer to theft, in that the money you pay doesn't actually change ownership of the software to you.

Bear in mind, I'm not advocating copyright infringement. I pay for my software. I pay for my music. I'm a DJ, and when I get a bootleg (which is generally a copyright infringing piece of music) I buy the original piece - that's how much I don't advocate copyright infringement.

It's just not theft.

----------

LMAO!!! I don't give a flipping cr@p about PC users you idiot. I just don't understand the reason why everyone is ignoring all the faults in Big Ant. It is not rocket science to understand that Sony/MS are not unorganized therefore it wouldn't take them this long to approve a patch. The patch hasn't even been submitted so how can they approve it??? How do we know that Big Ant have submitted the patch? Just because Ross said so?

Big Ant can't even implement a simple algorithm that can correctly decide on Man of the Match so how is this the best cricket game?

P.S. Someone will not see this post because he is only used to listening the good side of Big Ant. The ONLY developer who supports its product after release chooses to ignore the person who complains about the product. Well done!

Who do you code for?

No-one? Keep your mouth shut and let your betters handle things, then.

Copyright infringement is not theft.

It's not OK, but it's not theft.

Obtaining goods or property by deception is theft. You are connecting to our servers pretending to be a paying customer and downloading.

There is also copyright infringement.

In the USA it is also the federal crime of wire fraud.

I could go on for ages.... but I think that's enough.

PS: Given your subsequent post above I would say you and I didn't study at the same laws at law school :p

Last edited:
Just tried again with existing career on Xbox and going into the nets before doing anything else. Same thing happened again - faced the 60 balls and then after nets screen fades out the game seizes up.

Anybody else tried loading up their existing career and going into the nets before doing anything else ? Going to quickly set up new career and go into nets to see if only an issue with previously saved ones.

....tried with new career player and it was fine. Straight into the nets, faced 60 balls and then carried on as normal.

So - for me at least - it seems that going into the nets using a previously saved career player freezes the game.

Last edited:
Copyright infringement is not theft.

Dont be silly.

a Legal definition of theft:

theft:
the generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use.

Nothing to do with change of ownership

I've seen a MOTM given to a fielder in a World Series match who effected like, 2 or 3 run-outs and some amazing catches, I think it was Jonty for memory so there's precedents set for a variety of factors in reality of which a game built on 1's and 0's can only replicate to the closest approximation, and I don't think there's ever going to be a situation where a computer is going to get that sort of interpretation right every time, that wouldn't be fun and it certainly wouldn't be cricket.

I guess in the future maybe giving the user the option to "award" MOTM themselves might be a solution to look at?

we just had in our T20 Lyth and Finch getting a joint MOTM for this catch which was even better than their previous one and came at a crucial time in the game.

imagine adding something like that to the "simple algorithm"!

Obtaining goods or property by deception is theft. You are connecting to our servers pretending to be a paying customer and downloading.

There is also copyright infringement.

In the USA it is also the federal crime of wire fraud.

I could go on for ages.... but I think that's enough.

PS: Given your subsequent post above I would say you and I didn't study at the same laws at law school :p

:D

There's no jurisdiction in which you can be charged with the crime of theft for a digital copyright violation. Taking physical media without paying for it, yes - but the victim in that case is the store, not the publisher/developer.

Possibly there's a theft of bandwidth, but that's a separate issue.

And to be triply clear: I think the guy who openly pirated the game, and then comes on a forum like this one looking for support is a ---- of the highest order.

I wonder what the swear filter does with See You Next Tuesday?

----------

Dont be silly.

a Legal definition of theft:

Nothing to do with change of ownership

So, why aren't copyright infringers charged with theft?

Because it's a breach of copyright, not theft.

"convert" is the key word, bro - if I copy your car, you still have your car and I haven't converted your car to my use, I've created a copy of it.

I'm going to agree to disagree with you. Copyright infringement is theft. Think of it this way, if I tell someone I'm going to steal a DVD and walk into the shop and get arrested for it, I don't get to go back to that shop, regardless of whether I stole it or not. That's basically copyright infringement in a real world nutshell.

If I pull apart an iPod and put it back together in a cake shaped box and call it an iCakePhone I've stolen someone's idea and made it my own, with the intent to gain money for it potentially. That's copyright infringement. That's theft.

:D

There's no jurisdiction in which you can be charged with the crime of theft for a digital copyright violation. Taking physical media without paying for it, yes - but the victim in that case is the store, not the publisher/developer.

Possibly there's a theft of bandwidth, but that's a separate issue.

And to be triply clear: I think the guy who openly pirated the game, and then comes on a forum like this one looking for support is a ---- of the highest order.

I wonder what the swear filter does with See You Next Tuesday?

So, why aren't copyright infringers charged with theft?

Because it's a breach of copyright, not theft.

"convert" is the key word, bro - if I copy your car, you still have your car and I haven't converted your car to my use, I've created a copy of it.

A quick trip to the FBI website will prove you very very wrong.
Their Theft of Intellectual property laws which covers all sorts of media
are pretty clear

I'm going to agree to disagree with you. Copyright infringement is theft. Think of it this way, if I tell someone I'm going to steal a DVD and walk into the shop and get arrested for it, I don't get to go back to that shop, regardless of whether I stole it or not. That's basically copyright infringement in a real world nutshell.

If I pull apart an iPod and put it back together in a cake shaped box and call it an iCakePhone I've stolen someone's idea and made it my own, with the intent to gain money for it potentially. That's copyright infringement. That's theft.

*shrugs* I guess that's why copyright infringers are charged with the crime of theft when they do it.

Users who are viewing this thread