Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Four day test timings issue

I'm on the 1st day of a four day match and almost 88 overs have been bowled. The time shows 5:23 pm. Seems there was rain in between but don't you think the day should have ended 4:30 or somewhere close to that time??

Also I tried changing the time and other settings in match type designer but those changes are not being applied in my career mode. Why??

Sorry, my bad as much as anyone else's. Think I started this diversion, back to finding out the release date for Patch 3...

Am finding it quite a bit tougher with the patch but a lot more enjoyable. Had my worst ever bowling figures of 5-122 in the first innings. No silly runouts. No soft catches. But still no edges sadly.

Got out in the first innings to a screamer of a catch at a deep gully when I played an aerial cut shot (which I've never previously done they usually go along the ground). Second innings got caught down leg side.

Looks like I'm going to have to teach myself how to play again. My old tactics of playing off the legs or late cutting until I settled no longer work on the ai.

Well done guys. The fact that you are continually looking to improve the game and update people who've paid for it automatically puts you ahead of EA. Having tried to communicate and seek answers from that bunch of yahoos in the past, this is a welcome relief!

:D

There's no jurisdiction in which you can be charged with the crime of theft for a digital copyright violation. Taking physical media without paying for it, yes - but the victim in that case is the store, not the publisher/developer.

Possibly there's a theft of bandwidth, but that's a separate issue.

And to be triply clear: I think the guy who openly pirated the game, and then comes on a forum like this one looking for support is a ---- of the highest order.

I wonder what the swear filter does with See You Next Tuesday?

----------

So, why aren't copyright infringers charged with theft?

Because it's a breach of copyright, not theft.

"convert" is the key word, bro - if I copy your car, you still have your car and I haven't converted your car to my use, I've created a copy of it.

It would be a brave person that had studied law (assuming you did) that would claim "There's no jurisdiction ..." for anything.

There is many a case of people being charged with theft and receiving stolen goods for digitally copying software and/or information. I have no idea why you would say otherwise. I studied some of the prominent cases at law school, there are recent cases as new a month ago.

The most prominent recent case is of the Hoang brothers in CA where they were charged and pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to receive stolen property between 2010 and 2012 and one count of grand theft of personal property in the form of movie and television titles.

*shrugs* I guess that's why copyright infringers are charged with the crime of theft when they do it.

As above, they have been for a long time and are to this very day charged with that *exact* crime.

PS: Sorry Matt, I'm a law nerd, if I didn't write code I'd write law :)

Last edited:
Am finding it quite a bit tougher with the patch but a lot more enjoyable. Had my worst ever bowling figures of 5-122 in the first innings. No silly runouts. No soft catches. But still no edges sadly.

Got out in the first innings to a screamer of a catch at a deep gully when I played an aerial cut shot (which I've never previously done they usually go along the ground). Second innings got caught down leg side.

Looks like I'm going to have to teach myself how to play again. My old tactics of playing off the legs or late cutting until I settled no longer work on the ai.

I'm finding the bowling is a lot harder, which makes getting a wicket is that uch more rewarding, first game with the patch ended up having figures of 2 - 67, the first one an in-swinging yorker that had come off the back of 3 out-swingers caught at silly point. Second glanced from the batsman's leg onto the stumps. Nearly had Collingwood caught from an edge but the slower ball didn't carry to the wicket keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread