@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And there'd be a bunch of bugs in it!!!

:p

There was one book of laws at Federation. There are now hundreds of volumes for the Tax Act(s) alone - I think it's well and truly patched and being patched, constantly :)

Back on topic now, I promise...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
*cancels law book preorder*

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
I sincerely appreciate Ross for looking to constantly improve the game by taking continuous feedback from gamers like us - this would ensure that this game is here to stay for longgg!

I just finished batting 3 T20's in competition mode - my inputs:

1. Fielders still pluck catches from thin air like there is no tomorrow;) which isn't realistic, one or two of such catches can be accepted but not all...I'm scared to hit it in the air as he just plucks it out of nowhere in a jiffy! I think we need to give a bit more speed to the ball.
2. When its closer to the edge of the bat the commentator now says closer to the stumps (minor thing but still needs to be told!)

Will add more as I play on, happy gaming folks:cheers

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Remember that with the fielders we have no idea what their attributes are, they could be set really high.

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
Remember that with the fielders we have no idea what their attributes are, they could be set really high.

Thanks for the response mate.

Is there a way to reduce those fielding attributes in mass? Also, I'm playing against standard teams like SAF, OZ, IND etc. hence the fielder attributes should still be standard isn't it?

Xobii

School Cricketer
PC version Vs Console post patch#2

Hi Ross,

Just read this great review

Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC Review - IGN

Came to post it on PC and saw that the patch is live.........

So would I be wrong in saying that the PC version and the Console version Post Patch#2 are the same?

I hope they are............. I can wait to go home and download it

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Played an online match...Here are my insights:

1.)Stuttering is very much there...Much More than before [as before it was close to nil for me,has stuttering when I played for more than 5 hours that would be mainly because PS3 heating]..

2.)Sometimes the old issue of ball going away from WK but back to his hands is there but very very few say 2-3...But that causes runouts as we try to take quick singles...

3.)Main issue faced is the screen goes white for a moment...Happened when the third man picked up the ball [was fine till then] after that white screen appeared and came back when the WK takes the ball...At that gap no idea what's happening....In such an event of white screen between picking up and receiving is fine but if arises in some other cases then its a problem...

4.)Batting for me responds very well now...Happy with that...

5.)The opponent bowled balls that double pitched before the wicket..Its unplayable..It was damn slow and is so low...Don't know is this an issue or his talent..:p

6.)Still the camera from batting cam to fielding cam is a bit late..

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I had a freeze saving and exiting a test match. First one on 360.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
With regards to the normal gameplay after Patch#2:

Telling based on career mode gameplay

1.)Very hard to get wickets on Legend Difficulty, which is what I wanted...

You really need to bowl well to get wickets and now they are even very aggressive when bad line is bowled...

Selecting your field is very crucial...They play according to the field..Taking out a fielder and placing him in another positon opens up the option for the AI to hit there...As Ross said they do play smart cricket...

2.)No more unmwanted slogs..Awesome

3.)Run rates as far as I played was realistic...

4.)Big Ant Vision great addition to the game...

5.)Batting seems to be tweaked a bit for Legend difficulty as the foot movement were not like before...[Need to play more to state whether there is a difference]

6.)AI placed varied shots now all over the ground...That's nice to see..

7.)Now as the speed of fielders are tweaked we do get the deserved run for the shots....

8.)Pace variation is very well tweaked and carry to the keeper has also been taken care very well [Was viewing this from the second slip]...

Overall Great patch...But that stuttering need to be taken care of....And Loading time is also much more than before...

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors

Could you give player designers some guidelines, ie 95% catching slider = Mark Waugh, 10% catching slider = Phil Tufnell?

Actually maybe the slider doesn't go low enough for Tufnell's early career.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for the response mate.

Is there a way to reduce those fielding attributes in mass? Also, I'm playing against standard teams like SAF, OZ, IND etc. hence the fielder attributes should still be standard isn't it?

if by standard you mean the default on-disc teams and rosters (i.e. not real player names) yes the fielder attributes will be standard.

if you have downloaded teams (they have real player names) then the attributes will not be standard.

Users who are viewing this thread