Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Seems like if timing is good, good chance of beating bowler maybe???

I think this is the case. Obviously most, if not all those dropped by the bowler are poorly timed, and if you do nail one it does seem to beat him and go to the fence.
Zombieian's issue of not getting the timing the same as he did previously is sounding like a separate issue though.

Don't know but I don't have this occur as a lot of people here seem to. I.e. I often can drive the ball straight past the bowler for runs/boundaries

Seems like if timing is good, good chance of beating bowler maybe???

What I generally do is move RAS just a little to the left or right of Straight and with correct timing it never goes in air and the bowler doesn't even try to stop it and I do get runs/boundaries.

In Real World Cricket as well Straight drives don't go absolutely straight every time. People should try it out and post the results over here.

EDIT: The bowlers stopping "Absolutely Straight" drives might as well be a balancing issue because as opposed to real Cricket Straight drives could well become an exploit considering it is probably one of the easiest shots to hit in-game whereas in Real Cricket it's one of the most difficult shots to play.

Last edited:
bowlers still can't catch, lot more 'air' shots since the patch and fielders on the boundary just stroll in at their own pace. Not had the shuddering yet on ps3, batting on pro is easier and bowling harder which evens things out a bit

When I installed 1.02 (ps3) I walked off and came back to a blank screen and ps3 hung, just rebooted and went back into it, game does feel different, anyone else experience this? Presumably its installed ok, can u check the version?

When I installed 1.02 (ps3) I walked off and came back to a blank screen and ps3 hung, just rebooted and went back into it, game does feel different, anyone else experience this? Presumably its installed ok, can u check the version?

Yes you can, in Game Data Utility you should see either or both the patches.

Has anyone else noticed that at the end of each over there's always a wicket ball showing, even if a wicket hasn't been taken? I'm on xbox with second patch.

By the way, first match after the patch... 85 then edged and gone... Highest score so far, thought I was on for a ton!

So much better now patch 2 installed (PS3): lots of annoying things removed.

Someone earlier was suggesting that load times seem a little slower: I actually think that, if anything, they are slightly improved.

Not seen any slowdown like others have experienced either!

The good

1. Game feels a little different, more natural.
2. AI batting seems to be more controlled.
3. I like a few of the new graphics
4. AI fielding has toned down a bit, although there is still the odd superhuman dives, but as Ross mentioned earlier, this could be down to the fielding skills.

Now to the bad.

1. On several occasions a fielder has just strolled over to the ball whilst the opposition is making runs, and sometimes this happens when I am batting.

2. I am still at a loss as to why I can't bowl leg spin over the wicket to a RHB or around to an LHB and why I have to bowl googly's to get the delivery I want. Maybe its my controller (XBOX), but seems unlikely as I have tried fast bowling and it works as you would expect. In fact I am now (trying) to play a career as a fast bowler for this very reason.

Now to the very, very, very bad

All of the above is based on one game. Essex V Gloucester. I have tried to save and exit 4 times (for various household boring reasons) and only once has the game not stalled. I spent 3 hours playing out this game, after my third attempt, and when I saved and exited to go out with the better half, it froze, meaning I lost everything. This never happened pre patch 2. So what in Gods name is going on? Is anyone else having this issue? Its absurd. I cannot play this game wondering if I will have to start all over again when I leave the game.

The version number is in the Credits Screen.

For those on Steam, their unique Steam Account ID is also there too.

In response to my own post, I have to also say thanks to BigAnt for continuing to improve the game and communicating with the PC masses, but this save and exit stalling issue has me really annoyed.

I feel your pain China, I really do. I'd had a blinder in the last game as well

Is there an easy fix for the stuttering on PS3 Ross?

We really need something more specific as we are not seeing it on our PS3's.

Does it happen all the time, anytime of game?

A video would probably be the best if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread