Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

One thing that does strike me as incomplete is that all the grounds seem to have the benches for the T20 style dugout - but no one sitting on them. It's the only side of that which actually makes it look like something is missing, rather than just not implemented.

Yeah that would create T20 environment as now the game feels the same in ODI and T20...There should be a noticeable difference between them..

Yeah that would create T20 environment as now the game feels the same in ODI and T20...There should be a noticeable difference between them..

Even the crowd is sometimes in 'Test Match' mode during T20s. I just wish the crowd was always in Hyper Mode during T20 matches!

Patch 2

Ross i got a bit of an issue after patch 2, twice last night i got wickets in career mode, caught behind. when the celebration takes place after wicket, the game gets stuck. then i have to reset. any thoughts

Ross i got a bit of an issue after patch 2, twice last night i got wickets in career mode, caught behind. when the celebration takes place after wicket, the game gets stuck. then i have to reset. any thoughts

appeal after 2-3 seconds when the wicket keeper has caught it

Thats a bug!!! For me it always drops short of the keeper :p!

hehe .

has anyone else noticed that the power in the cover drive is not as powerful as before ? or is it just me ?

pre patch#2 i used to get boundaries when i was doing coverdrive , post patch#2 is mainly 2 or 3 very rarely it does go to the boundary.

Even the crowd is sometimes in 'Test Match' mode during T20s. I just wish the crowd was always in Hyper Mode during T20 matches!

Yeah I think they should add music to be played in the stadium for T20's and band music for that west indies stadium even for test matches would be entertaining and the game would feel awesome as the gameplay is now more or less balanced....:thumbs

hehe .

has anyone else noticed that the power in the cover drive is not as powerful as before ? or is it just me ?

pre patch#2 i used to get boundaries when i was doing coverdrive , post patch#2 is mainly 2 or 3 very rarely it does go to the boundary.

I believe there have been some changes made to the speed at which the ball travels on the outfield. I have had some cover drives reach the boundary pretty quickly, while others take their own time. I guess its dependent on how well you timed it. Overall, it feels much more balanced now.

hehe .

Its not like its less powerful but they have concentrated more on the timing to get boundaries...So now 2's and 3's are available more...I feel that's the right way to go for balance....:cheers

Anyone got any tips on taking wickets ? The ai even on rookie middles or misses everything and its becoming ridiculous.im an accurate bowler i use good variation but it seems to make sod all difference. The issue seems to be a lot worse in casual matches. Im doing alright on career mode

Anyone got any tips on taking wickets ? The ai even on rookie middles or misses everything and its becoming ridiculous.im an accurate bowler i use good variation but it seems to make sod all difference. The issue seems to be a lot worse in casual matches. Im doing alright on career mode

yes, this is immensely frustrating. The system for generating AI edges is so off it's bordeline AI cheating...

I just bowled 50 overs with the 2005 England attack, Pro level, against Zimbabwe. I deliberately set up the pitch as grassy, uneven and lightly cracked. I did not get a single edge nor did i look like getting one. I was bowling reasonably well not getting smacked around by any means, but its the same old story, middled or missed by a mile.

Particularly frustrating: 1) they can defend without risk since they will never edge a defenlsive prod, yet when batting i have edged on defense quite a lot. It basically allows the AI to play under different conditions to us.
2) when you bowl "just" outside off stump, they are more likely to leave it than if you bowl wider. They will just clamly step outside leg while the ball goes just last the stump, they have no off-stump location issue. In reality, the balls just outside off stump are more likely to be edged. 3) similarly, they drive without risk, its middled or missed every time.

Its not credible to be able to bowl on those pitch conditions for 50 overs and not see an edge. (it was first 50 overs of the first day of a test, not an ODI). I may nit be the best bowler, but i wasnt getting smashed, its Pro level and very bowler friendly conditions. 300 balls and no edge is an indicator of a broken system.

yes, this is immensely frustrating. The system for generating AI edges is so off it's bordeline AI cheating...

I just bowled 50 overs with the 2005 England attack, Pro level, against Zimbabwe. I deliberately set up the pitch as grassy, uneven and lightly cracked. I did not get a single edge nor did i look like getting one. I was bowling reasonably well not getting smacked around by any means, but its the same old story, middled or missed by a mile.

Particularly frustrating: 1) they can defend without risk since they will never edge a defenlsive prod, yet when batting i have edged on defense quite a lot. It basically allows the AI to play under different conditions to us.
2) when you bowl "just" outside off stump, they are more likely to leave it than if you bowl wider. They will just clamly step outside leg while the ball goes just last the stump, they have no off-stump location issue. In reality, the balls just outside off stump are more likely to be edged. 3) similarly, they drive without risk, its middled or missed every time.

Its not credible to be able to bowl on those pitch conditions for 50 overs and not see an edge. (it was first 50 overs of the first day of a test, not an ODI). I may nit be the best bowler, but i wasnt getting smashed, its Pro level and very bowler friendly conditions. 300 balls and no edge is an indicator of a broken system.

I'm getting edges, although I'm bowling right arm off breaks. I'm also playing a career with downloaded NZ provincial sides (using the Australian competition).

It seems unlikely there'd be a difference between career and casual match modes, though.

Users who are viewing this thread