Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasdan

Club Captain
Out of interest will the new patch be addressing career mode as I want to start a new one as have never tried it but have heard there are issues?thanks

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Out of interest will the new patch be addressing career mode as I want to start a new one as have never tried it but have heard there are issues?thanks
Is there a new patch coming ? Where did you get that info?

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All you losers who play only offline and say game is perfect, come and play one online game against me on Legend difficulty. If you are able to even go past 5 runs total, I will hand a million bucks !!!
Challenge accepted

point do you have 1 million bucks though

grkrama

National Board President
Ok here's a bit of online play between me and funnyadit, remember this is in beta and is wip. The edges have been toned down for online alone.

We both played on legend dusty pitch and were mainly looking to slog to see how it goes, the results seem fair, Both of us tonked a few into the stands when the delivery was there to be hit. and risk reward seems fair.

Now we both arent heavy online players,also it was a casual bash, so may not have used the trick balls and stuff but we did try a bit of variety like short pitch spin and slow medium and yorkers.

Have also recorded chat along with the video to give a better idea of what we were trying and was happening.This isnt our usual style of batting,
This was a casual bat but can see easily we both could build a good inns if wanted.

This is me batting against spin and slow medium

This is funnyadit batting against fast pace and medium pace and spin.

My keypoints were batting against slow mediums like kohli is real tough as its slow and window is small but could tonk a few if i stood two feet away from crease.
Definitely powerhitters like finch or maxwell could launch it a long way.

The second toughest would be full on pace like starc which seems very fair generally.

Running was generally good as long as we were taking careful runs.Still feel run cancel could be faster. Also start of run after Backfoot shot should be faster. But as long as you were careful really didint see much issues with running.

Overall though i think it is still fun to play as long as you play with a friend or league with some rules like banning slow short stuff from slow medium etc.

ps:there is some stutter in the video at times, its due to the recording encoder, and not the game, ingame it was smooth.

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
Ok here's a bit of online play between me and funnyadit, remember this is in beta and is wip. The edges have been toned down for online alone.

We both played on legend dusty pitch and were mainly looking to slog to see how it goes, the results seem fair, Both of us tonked a few into the stands when the delivery was there to be hit. and risk reward seems fair.

Now we both arent heavy online players,also it was a casual bash, so may not have used the trick balls and stuff but we did try a bit of variety like short pitch spin and slow medium and yorkers.

Have also recorded chat along with the video to give a better idea of what we were trying and was happening.This isnt our usual style of batting,
This was a casual bat but can see easily we both could build a good inns if wanted.

My keypoints were batting against slow mediums like kohli is real tough as its slow and window is small but could tonk a few if i stood two feet away from crease.

The second toughest would be full on pace like starc which seems very fair generally.

Running was generally good as long as we were taking careful runs.Still feel run cancel could be faster. Also start of run after Backfoot shot should be faster. But as long as you were careful really didint see much issues with running.

Overall though i think it is still fun to play as long as you play with a friend or league with some rules like banning slow short stuff from slow medium etc.

ps:there is some stutter in the video at times, its due to the recording encoder, and not the game, ingame it was smooth.
Is this with 1.09patch or new build under testing.
Please mention the testers are batting with standard control or classic controls.
Problems with edges is with classic control.

Last edited:

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
hi mate it says its beta wip(work in progress)so its surely the new build
Ok that really nice online getting some attention,but they should bat with classic controls not standard, issue with edges are with classic controls more.
They should test not only legend mode.
Should give attention to vetran and pro too.

Also they should mention what were the player ratings.
They should test with bowler ratings 100.
As online people edit it to 100 then the game changes a lot as editing skills is not locked so I fell online testing should be done with 100 rating players

rasdan

Club Captain
Ok that really nice online getting some attention,but they should bat with classic controls not standard, issue with edges are with classic controls more.
They should test not only legend mode.
Should give attention to vetran and pro too.

yes i play on veteran too but lets wait and see how the new patch plays before making any judgements

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer

Please mention batting with classic or standard.
Please mention player ratings.
As skills editing not locked please test it with 100 rating bowlers.
Issue with edges is more with classic controls.
As people are bowling 160 km max with fast
And 90 km slow with medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread