Patch General discussion

Its easy to be impatient when M$ cant get off their ass and post the patch.
And its just as frustrating reading posts like these when they have specifically stated they didnt do anything to fix the super fielders.

What's more frustrating is people popping up in the patch thread that haven't even tried it yet moaning ;)

What's more frustrating is people popping up in the patch thread that haven't even tried it yet moaning ;)

Better than spreading misinformation I would think?
Each to their own though.

Not sure if this is the place to post this, probably not, but I'm going to ask anyway... Is there a way to get out of the way if you're at the non-strikers end ? Because my batting partners have hit me with the ball quite a few times. Just wondering,if there isn't a way to get out of the way,if it can be patched ? It's not a big deal,really,I'm just curious...

The AI get out of the way, there's some videos of it on here. The human player could be an issue - I will look at it for patch#2.

And its just as frustrating reading posts like these when they have specifically stated they didnt do anything to fix the super fielders.

MS patch will be later today, at least some of us are working on Good Friday :)

Fielding has had some changes, when people use terms like "super human fielding" as many here do, in response I can only say that they are still what some would call "super human" so I can't say we have removed "super human fielding" in the patch.

MS patch will be later today, at least some of us are working on Good Friday :)

4:20am alarm to get ready for work :(

Sympathy, like all other emotions apart from self pity = 0

...oh and thanks for the update ;)

I like the 'super human' aspect of the fielding. Amazing catches, but maybe they just need to drop A FEW of those as we would in real life...

Better than spreading misinformation I would think?
Each to their own though.

I was merely offering my opinion, not stating facts. Maybe your opinion will be different to mine when you've played the game with the patch.

Whatever though the changes are definitly for the better :cheers

Fielding has had some changes, when people use terms like "super human fielding" as many here do, in response I can only say that they are still what some would call "super human" so I can't say we have removed "super human fielding" in the patch.

For the most part fielding is pretty good now. The only "super human" complaint is about the AI bowler. He literally stops everything 8 yards either side of him, resulting in us shelving the straight drive. One of the great cricketing joys is to play the perfect straight drive right past the bowler and watch the ball thud into the boundary, but we can't do so in DBC 14. Other than the AI bowler, fielding is much better and the game has been fun to play after the patch.

You would NEED to play it first! Fielding gives a relieved feeling now.

Other than the AI bowler, I think it did. Even if AI fielders get to the ball in the circle, they don't laser the throw in at the wkts resulting in lot fewer run-outs.

I could be wrong but I'm sure that the player roles are fixed for me in an existing career. I am finally facing bowlers around the 130s etc and bowlers seem to be taking the wickets. Sadly I am now far worse at batting than I was before facing significantly quicker bowling. Faced a genuine fast bowler and had no idea haha

If youre using LAS to aim that might be part of your problem ;)

I didn't pick that up, lol! I meant right analogue stick. Was just posting in the question thread earlier about the left analgue stick for foot movement towards wider off deliveries and ended up putting left in this post too! Good spotting.

Still would like to see the non-striker get out of the way. :yes

Users who are viewing this thread