"Patch Maker of the month"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Snake

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i have an i idea i'd like to put forward, it is that in the cricket 07 thread we have a patch maker of the month or a name similar much like story of the month or vcash games creator of the month, a lot of people put in a lot of time into creating downloads for this game and i feel it would be great if they got something back from it, its one of the biggest forums on planet cricket aswell!

It would give a chance for some of the new young members to shine, because the only other awards are the PC Awards which usually goes to most experienced and best patch maker etc.

We vote a panel of judges from the downloads forum (that has to be chosen by a mod as well for popularity reasons again) who can choose the winners each month. I think this might be a better way because then it wont bug the mods too much and some of the experienced people of the downloads forum get some credit. If this happens the judges won't get to go for the awards though. The panel should be up to the mods so we can get some fair contests.

Mad Snake said:
i think the people on the panel should still be able to win it though just have people on this 'panel' vote a 3 2 1 vote system but you cant vote for yourself, would work well

Last edited:
Well that is a brilliant Idea, I'm sure one of the mods for the downloads forum could organize something like this.

It would give a chance for some of the new young members to shine, because the only other awards are the PC Awards which usually goes to most experienced and best patch maker etc.

Black Magic added 5 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

We vote a panel of judges from the downloads forum (that has to be chosen by a mod as well for popularity reasons again) who can choose the winners each month. I think this might be a better way because then it wont bug the mods too much and some of the experienced people of the downloads forum get some credit. If this happens the judges won't get to go for the awards though. The panel should be up to the mods so we can get some fair contests.

I reckon that this would work, I might just send a link to matt on this thread now

Last edited:
Maddy put up the main points you and me made ( you in my downloads thread ) and the one I made above on the first post in quote tags, so the mods can see that we know what the problems will be and we know what we are talking about.

In its suggested form, I'd say no to a 'patch maker of the month'. For a variety of reasons, chief among which is the fact a PC Award for the same thing exists, and unlike with story threads, I don't see a monthly and yearly award working.

However, I'd suggest that a 'download of the month' could be possible. By that I mean that there would be member nominations for a particular download that had been released that month, followed by a poll.

The winner would probably get their thread stuck for a month and an amount of vCash (I'd be reluctant to have a user title).

Thoughts?

I reckon either would be good. Patch Maker would reward the patchmakers for their consistent hard work but the download of the month will reward someone for a lot of hardwork into one download.

Both are really good ideas and I think the staff should really think about this, as imo one of those should be put into place to reward people on a montly bases for contributing to the forums well with their hardwork.

Just for your last point. vCash Games Creator of the Month gets a user title so I don't see why they couldn't.

But I don't really care as I rarely visist the downloads forum ;)

I reckon either would be good. Patch Maker would reward the patchmakers for their consistent hard work but the download of the month will reward someone for a lot of hardwork into one download.
I'd suggest the PC Award for best download thread is sufficient for rewarding consistent effort.

it doesn't have to be patch maker of the month but i think something similar to it would be great and a user title would be real good as the 'patch maker' would be getting something back in return for their efforts and get recognized for their efforts by other people that aren't in the c07 forums, imo it would also encourage people to produce more quality downloads as there is a prize for it. theres heaps of experienced people around like barmy army, AbBh, Harrypotter fan and co that can help out with voting and also if there was a private panel it wouldn't be a popularity vote, i really think this is a good idea and hope you can see it aswell

I'd suggest the PC Award for best download thread is sufficient for rewarding consistent effort.
i dont feel that a yearly award is enough as there is so much stuff made in a year, monthly would be much more appropriate imo

Last edited:

Yes, thats a good reward for NON-STOP consistency with great work.

What I'm saying, is some people put in a lot of hard work for 3-4 months helping people really well with their downloads, they may get forgotten in the next 8 months.

I think a download thread of the month is a good reward, vCash people get vCash creator of the month, story makers get SOTM and I think the patch makers deserve more recgonsition.

it doesn't have to be patch maker of the month but i think something similar to it would be great and a user title would be real good as the 'patch maker' would be getting something back in return for their efforts and get recognized for their efforts by other people that aren't in the c07 forums, imo it would also encourage people to produce more quality downloads as there is a prize for it. theres heaps of experienced people around like barmy army, AbBh, Harrypotter fan and co that can help out with voting and also if there was a private panel it wouldn't be a popularity vote, i really think this is a good idea and hope you can see it aswell
I have nothing against having this sort of thing, but it is the execution of it that is my concern. Despite the (potential) issues around people voting for the member they like the most, I'd rather a poll than a panel.

Yes, thats a good reward for NON-STOP consistency with great work.

What I'm saying, is some people put in a lot of hard work for 3-4 months helping people really well with their downloads, they may get forgotten in the next 8 months.

I think a download thread of the month is a good reward, vCash people get vCash creator of the month, story makers get SOTM and I think the patch makers deserve more recgonsition.

Completely backing you guys up there...

----------------------------------

Matt we could have a public poll, although if say a certain member wins when it is obvious he doesn't deserve it. Thats where you could step in..

Black Magic added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

I have nothing against having this sort of thing, but it is the execution of it that is my concern. Despite the (potential) issues around people voting for the member they like the most, I'd rather a poll than a panel.

Also matt to go with my last post, you could make it so that the new voters don't have as much voting power in case that happens. Give people like barmyarmy more power to decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread