"Patch Maker of the month"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the panel bit. IF its working ofcourse, because what you said Matt is absolutely right - people voting for their friends and the one they like the most, and "exchange" votes too.

You could also just see how it goes for the first month and then decide if it is going to go on to be more of the standard thing.

Results are already there. BM you will win this time as you made the patch which matched the people's choice. Since IPL is the biggest current even ,users will only prefer downloads related to IPL. We should wait for some more time before having a poll:)

Matt we could have a public poll, although if say a certain member wins when it is obvious he doesn't deserve it. Thats where you could step in..

Black Magic added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Also matt to go with my last post, you could make it so that the new voters don't have as much voting power in case that happens. Give people like barmyarmy more power to decide

Nah, dont like it,sorry mate. It would cause to much controversy.

You cant vote for yourself and everyone can only vote once. If someone is found of cheating and asking for votes they should be banned from the comp for the next month, maybe more

Thats what most polls are like and I think that should be the same.

I agree with the panel bit. IF its working ofcourse, because what you said Matt is absolutely right - people voting for their friends and the one they like the most, and "exchange" votes too.

yeah, although people can see if it is obvious a person deserves it or not. If they don't so be it, but if it is a reasonable choice that should be ok. Also maybe make it a public vote so some of the known people will feel ashamed if they vote for the "favorites"

if we were going to have a panel, there would be people on it that wouldn't do that and if they were could be quite quickly kicked off the this panel, but i dont mind if its a panel or poll as long as we can get this going!

Nah, dont like it,sorry mate. It would cause to much controversy.

You cant vote for yourself and everyone can only vote once. If someone is found of cheating and asking for votes they should be banned from the comp for the next month, maybe more

Thats what most polls are like and I think that should be the same.

well that sounds like a good idea too.

Great to see we have so many ideas :clap

I don't think so this is a good idea. It should be patch of the month because not many users have the potential tomake patches. They start with pitchads,stumps and kits. So it should be Download of the month;). And about sticky thread, there are already too many threads. More sticky thread will be just equal to normal threads.

Results are already there. BM you will win this time as you made the patch which matched the people's choice. Since IPL is the biggest current even ,users will only prefer downloads related to IPL. We should wait for some more time before having a poll:)

yeah or I could just not be a participant, i don't really mind because ive been here a while and i know we will get more downloads from the new members in the downloads forum if this kicks off

For now i think this should be stopped. We should have this after one more month so that the newbies can get time to improve themselves:).

nah i dont see any reason why it cant start now and reward the people who have been making patches over the lsat few months or over may

Its pretty much the start of the month, make a trial one with a secret panel. Then next month a trial with a poll but the winners still get rewarded but after those 2 months you can decide wether it stays or not, and if it does wether you will use secret panel or public poll.

Just to clarify my position.

However, I'd suggest that a 'download of the month' could be possible. By that I mean that there would be member nominations for a particular download that had been released that month, followed by a poll.

To me there are many issues in saying someone's whole thread is the best, and if you do that on a per month basis, you would get the same people winning over and over again.

However by selecting the best download created in a month you are rewarding effort and quality. If someone doesn't release anything in a particular month they can't win, so an incentive is provided to stay active and release good things.

By not focusing on the longer term you provide a more level playing field.

Yes, thats a good reward for NON-STOP consistency with great work.

What I'm saying, is some people put in a lot of hard work for 3-4 months helping people really well with their downloads, they may get forgotten in the next 8 months.
If their downloads are great then people will remember them. It is why you can nominate people, so that threads like that don't get forgotten. Besides which, their hard work in those months could be rewarded by one of the things they make in that time being nominated for a download of the month.

I don't think so this is a good idea. It should be patch of the month because not many users have the potential tomake patches. They start with pitchads,stumps and kits. So it should be Download of the month;). And about sticky thread, there are already too many threads. More sticky thread will be just equal to normal threads.

Well, the known people in the forums Im sure will not just vote for the same person and will be sure to nominate some of the upcoming members. Well I will do that for a start and Im sure people will do the same

I'll say its good than we are rewarding the people but i have one more idea. We should give same task to all the download makers and than have a poll;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread