Patch news

Yes I know, I've been posting over there. That post wasn't really asking for help, which is what I've been doing on the CT forums. I thought I'd just mention my problem as well:P

I know, there have been too many problems with the patch and how it has worked (or hasn't, as the case may be).

A new version of International Cricket Captain is now available for download. Existing users can get the update for free by pressing the "Internet" option from the main screen.

This updated version features changes to the database, improving the accuracy of player types and attributes in the game. We've made changes to the run rates when batsmen are hitting out, adding to one day and twenty over match realism. Pitch wear effects have also been remodeled to improve the 4 and 5 day games.

The on-line game has had a major update, to fix disconnection problems that some users were experiencing. This will make the online game available to many more players.

This is a mail I have received from Childish Things

Last edited:
They send you two of em :p
The patch has improved the last few overs and Twenty20's as far as I've seen quite alot, you actually get quite realistic 90 odd runs in the last 10 while hitting out.

Themer added 21 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Its definetly improved the game a hell of alot, just scored 120 runs from the last 10 overs of a ODI game including 5 sixes, one of my players Harrington scored 38 from 14 :D.

I downloaded the Patch. But I am unable to patch the files. It is showing an ERROR! Cheksum Failed

Help me.

B. After following the instruction to install the patch I get a checksum error.

1) Uninstall the game.

2) Make sure all files except for saved games and saved fields settings are deleted from the drive where you installed the game (e.g. c:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008)

- If you are running Vista, your saved games should not be stored in this folder, but check before you delete everything.

3) Reinstall and do not modify any files or folders.

- If you have a CD version, re-install from there

- If you have a download version, download from the Childishthings Website again and re-install (just in case your previous download was corrupt).

4) XP users run the game.

- Vista users: Run the patchengine.exe program, which is located in the root (c:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008).

5) Press internet game to patch

6) Once the patch has installed, you will need to quite and re-start the game from your normal start link for it to be able to locate your saved games.

Thank You. I have downloaded the patch and its working. :)

I also play ICC 2008 in my college. There is no Internet connection in my college. Can I copy the files from my PC to my college PC so that I can play the updated version in my college also???

Last edited:
There is a patch file called either 8.11-8.13.cpf or 8.12-8.14.cpf that you can copy. Then run patchengine.exe and it should patch it.

Can you tell me the exact location where I can find those files???

It should be in the xplosive directory of your program files. I'm not sure whether by applying the patch the file gets deleted though...

It depends on itself where it will stop sometimes at 77% or sometimes 48%...
I dont know what is going on...
Can somebody just send that via mail...

Downloading patch file stalls at various % amounts.

This could be due to one of the following:

1) Virus checker - A previous version of Norton Anti-virus was incompatible and would cause problems (checksum issues) until it was disabled whilst patching.

2) Very important - whilst downloading ICC if running in a window it *MUST* have focus otherwise the download will fail. Users should not switch to other programs. This is also the same when playing on-line. When playing on-line it is actually recommended to play full screen.

3) If a download attempt fails you must fully exit ICC and ideally delete the partially downloaded file before retrying.

4) Firewalls must allow access to port 2271

Credit to aus5892 sticky from CT forums.

well on my desktop it works fine, but on my laptop the patc hangs for some reason, am trying sureshot's suggestions, altho i doubt it will make any difference to disable kaspersky.

EDIT, got it working now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread