Pc build

Tonkertoy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
after a couple of months off planetcricket due to moving house,work commitments ect.

i had some time to build a mid/hi spec pc, i have always been intrested in modding, building and upgrading computers, so as i moved house some time off work and had money i decided to build.

all my parts were bought from the internet and local indy pc components shop.

my pc specs are:

amd athlon 64 3500+ cpu
1 gig geiL ram (soon to be 2gig)
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (the amd heatsink which comes with the cpu is rubbish)
Asus A8N-SLi Premium motherboard
gigabyte geforce 6800gs 256mb gfx card (next couple of months hopefully have 2 cards running in SLi)
160gb HD
DVD writer

price about ?950

Im happy with it as it can run oblivion with no trouble at all :)

i will post pics later after i have installed my new camera's software.

If You are interested in building dont hesitate just ask me a question and i will gladly help out :)

photos up later

signing off, tonkertoy

Since what needs to be done is almost like an upgrade I'll post here.

Seems like my power supply has cried enough, and I'm wondering what would be the best option if it is indeed my power supply. Complete new case or just a new PSU?

Replacing the powersupply should be cheaper than a case and powersupply, faster and easier too. You only need a number 2 philips screwdriver and about 5 minutes of your free time.

AMD Athlon 3500+ is very good, but for graphics etc. I heard 3400+ is suitable, apart from AMD's dual-core processors.

I bought mine recently, though it was all assembled. I've got the same processor, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB HDD, and a DVD-RW. My graphic card sucks though, GeForce 6100GPU, 128 MB Shared.

Kev said:
Replacing the powersupply should be cheaper than a case and powersupply, faster and easier too. You only need a number 2 philips screwdriver and about 5 minutes of your free time.

Yeh, should be but last time I had a PSU die, they said it was ''more economicaly viable to get a complete new case'' yes, those were their exact words. But what I didn't realise at the time was that they charged you extra to swap everything over. Meh, I was stupid back then.

Maxkarter said:
Yeh, should be but last time I had a PSU die, they said it was ''more economicaly viable to get a complete new case'' yes, those were their exact words. But what I didn't realise at the time was that they charged you extra to swap everything over. Meh, I was stupid back then.

why do you need a new case if you need a new psu :/

well i suppose you can buy cases with psu built in.

Yes cases usually come with a cpu and I suppose a really cheap and nasty case with a cheap and nasty psu in it may be cheaper than a half decent powersupply. But I'd say dont get the cheapest powersupply you can, they are pretty nasty buy a half decent one (no need to go overboard and buy a mega expensive one either).

Problem solved the guy that buil the whole thing up for me, came with much concern. He's ordered another PSU and it should be here by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread