PC Hoopstarz take on the NBA

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, our school have started just few days ago and that is why we both have been pretty busy with life and hence not being able to do the updates. I'll try and post a update within the next 2 days. :)

Varun

ICC Board Member
I've finished with my current quota of updates. The next two updates are to be done by Aditya.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I'm working on the update at the moment, should be posted today.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
header.png

News
PC Hoopstarz's practice matches

To be a good side, the players of the side must know the strengths and weaknesses of the other players of their side. One cannot expect to know this in an "very" important match. What if Jordan turns out to be Chris Martin in the very first match of the tournament (yeah I know, a bad joke). :p To make sure this doesn't happen, the PC Hoopstarz will be playing 5 practice matches before the serious business starts. Earlier today, PC Hoopstarz's team management held a press conference and disclosed the practice matches fixtures. Along with this, they had one more important announcement to be made.

Even before the tournament has started, PC Hoopstarz have lost one of their player i.e. Dan Thompson. Dan got injured while practicing and the injury was very serious. The team management didn't wanted to take any risk and so they decided that Dan will be out of the tournament and Dwayne Johnson, from Miami (also known as The Rock to his dear ones) will replace Dan. It is said that Dwayne's playing style is very identical to that of Dan's (one good news for all the PC Hoopstarz fans (if any at this point of time :p) . Let's have a look at the practice matches fixtures :

Indiana Pacers - PC Hoopstarz Arena
Golden State Warriors - Oracle Arena
L.A. Clippers - PC Hoopstarz Arena
Cleveland Cavaliers - Quicken Loans Arena
Washington Wizards - Washington DC Arena

Varun

ICC Board Member
scaled.php

Indiana Pacers vs PC Hoopstarz - 6th October 2010

Pre-match report

With the preseason practice matches going to start from today, the PC Hoopstarz are going to take on the Indiana Pacers. Pacers' main force lies in Danny Granger, their attacking small forward, and PG Darren Collison, who has just been traded from the Nets. And while Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert can also make it tough going for the debutant team, Hoopstarz are more than likely to take advantage of their weak PF, Josh McRoberts. Both having active bench players, this is going to be a competitive game for both teams.

Probable starters for the two teams :

PacvsPC.gif

(I have the 1st Quarter update almost ready, except that I'm encountering some problems with the videos.)

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I'd like to request the members to please have some patience. Varun and I are not delaying the updates intentionally or I should say it's just because of me that the updates have delayed. Varun has been quick with the updates and I'm sorry that the updates have not been as quick as they should have been. Members who have followed my cricket stories would know that I don't usually like delays in updates but I've been very busy over the last couple of weeks. Please guys, enjoy this story and Varun and I will try my best to make sure that you do enjoy this story. There are bound to be some delays but the quality of the updates always matters more than the time it takes, agree that the updates should be quick and I will do my best to make sure that the updates be quick and Varun has already been doing so. :)

Varun

ICC Board Member
Yea, I'm down with fever, but still trying to make the update.

Varun

ICC Board Member
scaled.php

First half update - Box scores
Team | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Total Indiana Pacers | 18 | 28 ||| 46 PC Hoopstarz | 24 | 26 ||| 50

Team Stats

Away - Team - Home
46 - Points - 50
4 - Timeouts - 6
21/47 - Field Goals - 20/42
44% - FG% - 47%
3/12 - 3 Pointers - 4/12
25% - 3pt% - 33%
1/2 - Free throws - 6/11
50% - FT% - 54%
16 - Assists - 15
10 - Turnovers - 9
6 - Team fouls - 5
23 - Rebounds - 20
5 - Offensive rebounds - 2
8 - Steals - 10
2 - Blocks - 3
28 - Points in the paint - 20
23 - Bench points - 15
5 - Second chance points - 2
12 - Fast break points - 2

Video Highlights

Order of highlights : Ollie dunking it down; Gaurav making a beautiful alley-oop, assist by Riz; A fast break dunk by Dahntay Jones; Madhur dunks over McRoberts; Another dunk by Jones; Jones with another fastbreak layup; A riveting reverse dunk by Ollie.

Screeshots - The Pressbook

scaled.php

Dwayne Johnson contests for a shot.

scaled.php

A close-up of Madhur Verma about to dunk it in, thanks to our sprite slam cam!

scaled.php

Gaurav Aggarwal, just before attempting a layup.

scaled.php

Danny Granger had a forgettable first half.

scaled.php

A shot of Stuart Cullington, just behind the arc.

scaled.php

A comparison between the top two scorers of both teams.

Review : The first half has been dramatic at best. Pacers, from being 6 points behind, then staggering down to a massive 13 point trail have come back in the last three minutes to curtail the lead down to 4. Dahntay Jones has had an impressive half, scoring 10 points. Josh McRoberts is leading rebounds, with 8, an solid number for the first half. Stuart Cullington of Hoopstarz has had a brilliant half as well. He's currently on 14 points, including one from behind the arc, besides dishing 4 assists and getting 4 steals, and a board. Besides him, Madhur Verma has been doing good offensively; he's got 9 points. Ollie's leading the team in rebounds, with 5. Hoopstarz have struggled with free throws, making only 6 out of their 11 atttempts, which basically is the loss of 5 important points which can make the difference.

It's a close competition, with both teams looking ferocious. Who will win? Stay tuned to know.​

Sorry for not uploading the box scores. I actually planned to do the presentation differently when I took the screenshots and all, but had to change it because it was tedious. That style didn't require box scores, so I didn't take them. They will be, though, posted after the full game update. :)

Also, thanks to Treva and Sohum as their presentations helped me in mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread